Tangoe MDM Solution Gets Application Management
Tangoe (NASDAQ:TNGO), a mobile device management (MDM) and telecom expense management provider, released version 12.2 (MDM v12.2) of its MDM solution. The solution’s latest features address mobile device provisioning, security and policy enforcement, mobile application management (MAM), secure enterprise content management, mobile device containerization, and real-time expense management.
To balance employee demands, which encompasses the bring your own device (BYOD) trend, Tangoe MDM v12.2 enables compliance enforcement that not only protects enterprise infrastructure and data, but also attempts to reduce wireless costs, while empowering mobile employees to be more productive and efficient.
What exactly will Tangoe’s latest MDM software update include? We’re glad you asked. Tangoe MDM v12.2 includes the following features:
- Tangoe MDM Integration with Tangoe Wireless Telecom Expense Management (TEM) Portal: By integrating the device procurement process within TEM with the device management process, Tangoe MDM v12.2 assures that only devices approved by procurement are provisioned
- Security and Policy Compliance: Through patented rules framework automation, Tangoe MDM v12.2 enables a wide array of mobile security capabilities including secure VPN and WiFi communication, IT policy and password enforcement, device blocking, remote lock, wipe, reset and locate functionality
- End-User Self Help: The latest solution delivers an end-user self-service portal that enables self-registration, self-help support tools and self-administration
- Content Management: For content management, the solution offers the ability for authorized users to securely access, browse, preview, edit, and search files on corporate file servers and SharePoint servers
- Containerization: Tangoe MDM v12.2 now enables device containerization, which separates corporate and personal data on iOS and Android smart devices
- New User Interface: The Tangoe MDM v.12.2 user interface has been completely redesigned.
Back in July, MSPmentor provided a profile of Tangoe’s offerings here: Tangoe’s Twist is Real Time Telecom Expense Management.
To learn about the company’s partner program, visit the company’s website.