Prepare for Growth by Becoming a Next-Gen MSP
We’ll start with the good news. Organizations of all types are increasingly embracing the benefits of managed services. SMBs in particular realize that their in-house IT departments just cannot keep up with the constantly changing technology landscape. The net result is an unprecedented growth opportunity for today’s MSPs, both in winning new clients and in significantly expanding the range of services they offer to existing customers.
Now for the bad news: Some MSPs just aren’t prepared to take full advantage of this opportunity because they still rely on technology solutions and business practices that are mired in the past. This is especially problematic in the field of endpoint security, where current cybercriminals can easily overwhelm traditional antivirus solutions. This can lead to significant customer dissatisfaction—not to mention unacceptable losses in accounts and reputation—for the beleaguered MSP.
To maximize customer satisfaction and their opportunities for revenue growth, forward-thinking MSPs need to replace their outdated security services with more modern methodologies. Three fundamental endpoint security strategies to becoming a profitable next-generation MSP are:
- Adopt automation tools and other support apps that enable MSPs to provide proactive service even with limited manpower.
- Manage dynamic cloud-based solutions rather than a fixed set of on-premises assets.
- Automate routine tasks and focus on support, satisfaction and other services, building stronger client relationships and long-term contracts.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers RMM and PSA integration; Global Site Manager console provides hierarchical, multi-tenant management to easily control thousands of endpoints.
- Standardize on a single reference architecture (stack) that maximizes efficiency for MSP clients and boosts profitability.
- Provide solutions that yield more client uptime and productivity while increasing ease of support.
- Adopt scalable products that can keep up as client bases grow.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection gives MSPs a single solution that protects against next-gen malware, while streamlining purchase, deployment and management.
- Deliver effective security against full range of today’s threat conditions, both known or unknown, regardless of sophistication or volume.
- Secure all points of vulnerability (networks, endpoints and users) across the board.
- Offer maximum protection while reducing impact on both endpoint resources and end user productivity.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection uses collective threat intelligence to proactively protect against known and unknown threats across numerous threat vectors in a <1MB agent that won’t slow users down.
While the increasing popularity of managed services presents substantial growth and revenue opportunities for MSPs, it can also quickly exacerbate any existing flaws in an MSP’s business practices and operations. Deficiencies that were only mildly challenging in the past can have far greater significance when propagated across multiple new clients. That’s why forward-thinking MSPs are proactively adopting more modern security methodologies and deploying solutions that will enhance their ability to leverage today’s enormous growth opportunities.
Learn more about becoming a #NextGenMSP and enter for your chance to win an Amazon Echo at webroot.com/NextGenMSP.
Guest blogs such as this one are published monthly and are part of MSPmentor’s annual platinum sponsorship.