Live Blog: ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini Keynote IT Nation 2012Live Blog: ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini Keynote IT Nation 2012
ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini, during his IT Nation keynote, walked attendees through a path that success that's loosely based on concepts from best selling author Jim Collins.
November 10, 2012
Arnie Bellini ConnectWiseConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini, during his IT Nation keynote, walked attendees through a path that success that’s loosely based on concepts from best selling author Jim Collins. Then, Bellini demonstrated deeper, end-to-end integration between ConnectWise (business management software), LabTech Software (remote monitoring and management) and Quosal (sales quoting and proposal software). The idea is to give VARs and MSPs an end-to-end lifecycle management experience. Here’s the minute by minute keynote update.
1. The big theme: ConnectWise: Run Better. (As in, use ConnectWise to run your business better.)
2. Thanksgiving: Bellini views the event as the annual gathering where the industry breaks bread, gives thanks, potentially gets a little drunk, but ultimately gives thanks.
3. Path to Success: Bellini is talking about a 20 mile march — and use fanatical discipline every day, leaning on concepts from best selling author Jim Collins.
When you hit a problem zoom out. Make believe it’s not your problem, look at it independently and find your path forward.
ConnectWise is not a software company, he offered, noting that the company instead is a pyramid of success. (1) It involves best practices (based on 30 years of business in August); (2) software; (3) support; (4) education; (5) consulting; (6) community; (7) success.
Business becomes boring if you keep doing the same thing. “Success is meat and potatoes boring; it’s Alabama football. They grind their opponents down in the third and fourth quarter because they have fanatical discipline.”
The objective is success. And it’s okay if that’s boring.
Side note: 93.7% satisfaction rate YTD on ConnectWise support; 68% of tickets closed within 24 hours; 10,000 tickets per month. “Ding us if we’re not meeting expectations.”
Careful when you get to the land of mediocrity. “Success is everywhere. You have no excuse for failure. You have no excuse for being mediocre.”
Have a specific, methodical and consistent (SMaC) recipe for success. More details on that from MSPmentor a little later today. Don’t have a SMaC recipe? Talk to CharTec Academy, he said.
Side note: ConnectWise’s IT business in Tampa, does not take on lawyers and doctors as clients because of the deep vertical market requirements.
Crossing the Chasm: It typically involves sales and talent. Cross it with education. Imagine 3,000 software titles and courses online. http://www.connectwise.com/certifications. Also check out ConnectWise Partner Kits, http://www.connectwise.com/partnerkits. “Throw me a bone,” Bellini quipped, urging attendees to leverage the kits.
ConnectWise is beta testing a self audit system — Business Transformation Audits — that helps MSPs and VARs to discover what’s going right and wrong in their businesses.
The Big News: ConnectWise Marketplace — a new app store promoting ISVs that integrate with ConnectWise.
Big thought: Don’t push people up the hill of success. Instead stand at the top and challenge others to come up the hill and join you.
4. Integration: Bellini is now demonstrating LabTech discovering network resources, automated invoicing for related services in ConnectWise; then a single-click integration that launches a Quosal session to help prepare a new quote for for a project, and then follow it all the way through the system (back at LabTech, ConnectWise, etc.).
5. 2013 Roadmap: Bellini demonstrated a browser-based user interface that earned strong applause, plus there is SLA integration with each ticket so support folks can understand how quickly the need to resolve the issue.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
AWS re:Invent Partner, Vendor News: Cisco, Salesforce, MoreDec 01, 2023
People on the Move: Comcast, Cisco, NICE, TPx, Barracuda, MoreNov 29, 2023
AWS re:Invent 2023 Partner News: Marketplace, Salesforce, Certs, MoreNov 29, 2023
AWS re:Invent Expo: VMware, Snyk, HPE, More Showcase Cloud, Security, AINov 28, 2023