MSPmentor’s Managed Services FAQ section continues to expand. But we still don’t have all the answers. In fact, the following reader question (about mobile device management) stumped me. Can you assist? Feel free to read the question and post a comment featuring your advice. Here’s the question…
The reader is co-founder at one of North America's top 200 MSPs. His current RMM (remote monitoring and management) platform does not support mobile device management (MDM), with no near-term help on the way. So he asked:
"I would like to chat with you for a few minutes on MDM and what you have seen in the way of the channel. I have done a lot of research and haven’t come up with much.I'm not close enough to the MDM market -- at least not yet -- to offer advice. But I suspect MSPmentor's readers can lend a hand. Got advice? Please post a comment or send me email (joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc [dot] com). If your answer is on the mark we'll add it to our Managed Services FAQ section.
Any other players that you know of that will work with MSP’s?"
- Airwatch – have evaluated their product, but will not work with channel, you send them the referral and they give you a commission check
- Mobile Iron – same as Airwatch
- IBM MDM – do not want you unless you have 100 devices per client
- Zscaler – claimed to do MDM but they don’t really. They are very much like MX Logic or McAfee
- Good – looks like they might be a fit – exploring this option now