FrontRange Launches New Enterprise Mobile Management Offering
Hybrid IT software service and management platform provider FrontRange has rolled out a new enterprise mobility management (EMM) offering to assist IT with managing and controlling physical, virtual and mobile devices throughout their lifecycle from a single, unified console.
The new offering integrates EMM with HEAT Client Management, the company’s customer management solution, to provide IT with a more comprehensible platform for bring your own device (BYOD).
IT can now support customers as a tenant in a FrontRange-hosted cloud environment or on premise with an easy to configure, pre-installed virtual appliance.
FrontRange CTO Udo Waibel said in a prepared statement that CIOs and IT administrators are forced to deal with BYOD challenges, pointing to the importance of understanding how to balance employee freedom with the compliance, data security and management control requirements of IT.
To tackle BYOD challenges, HEAT Client Management now offers the following additional capabilities through the newly integrated EMM features:
- Visibility of Mobile Assets — Automatic device and application discovery collects real time mobile hardware and asset data, and also tracks devices and usage.
- Device Lifecycle Management — A single, web-based administration console provides management of devices.
- Single Point of Control — Centralized management for better IT efficiency.
- Secured Mobile Ecosystem — Enforcement of mobile policies and protection against potential threats is automatic. Also supported are remote wipe and auto-lock features and application restrictions.
- Instant Workforce Support — Instant remote device troubleshooting.
- Seamless Data Migration — Enables migration among diverse smartphones without data loss, security threats or disruption to end user devices.
- Multiple-OS Support — Supports major mobile operating systems, including BlackBerry BES and BIS.
- Self-service — Enterprise end users have complete access to self-help functions.
FrontRange said some of the substantive advantages of this offering include: asset management, configuration management, application amangement, security management and remote support.
IT research firm Gartner, Inc. (IT) placed FrontRange into the Niche Players quadrant in its magic quadrant report on IT service support management tools (ITSSM).