Channel Partner Program Roundup: ViewSonic, AGT, VMTurbo
Howdy hey, and welcome back to another edition of the weekly Channel Partner Program Roundup, in which we corral the latest channel partner program news for your reading enjoyment. Ready for this week’s roundup? We’ve got news from ViewSonic, AGT and VMTurbo, so if you’re ready, let’s hit the trail.
ViewSonic: The company best known for its display technology has begun a blog, ViewPoint, which aims to “address the numerous technology industry trends facing B2B and reseller communities in the consumer and commercial electronics market today,” according to the company.
ViewPoint will cover industry trends, best practices and revenue-generating ideas, plus offer ViewSonic’s view on industry issues relevant to educators, retailers, VARs and the enterprise on real-world applications for tablets, projectors, monitors, commercial displays and the PC market, according to the company. Posts will be authored by ViewSonic’s executive and product leadership staff as well as guest contributors.
The blog can be accessed here or by clicking on the “Company Blog” icon on ViewSonic’s main webpage.
AGT: Cartel Communications Systems, a Canadian provider of industrial wireless communications solutions, has joined Applied Global Technology’s (AGT) recently announced partner program, enabling Cartel to “provide the Canadian marketplace with the highest level of secure interoperability between tablets, smartphones, laptops and HD video conferencing systems using AGT’s ENCORE UC Video platform and FATHOM HD,” according to AGT.
Cartel joins the likes of Compunetix, Yorktel and Advantage Technologies in AGT’s partner program, and, according to AGT, the partnership enables AGT to expand its footprint into the Canadian commercial and government markets and enables Cartel to broaden its line of communications solutions with mobile videoconferencing.
VMTurbo: The provider of intelligent workload management software for cloud and virtualized environments has added several resellers to its VMTurbo Global Partner Program.
According to the company, the VMTurbo Global Partner Program “provides value-added resellers and system integrators the opportunity to deliver operational and infrastructure efficiency improvements to their customers by including VMTurbo Operations Manager as part of infrastructure and operations upgrade projects. Additionally, managed service providers and cloud service providers are able to lower TCO while assuring application quality of service by embedding VMTurbo Operations Manager as a value-added extension to their cloud offering.”
The latest recruits to the program include:
- CDW – Through this partnership VMTurbo will act as CDW’s newest Silver Level partner;
- ePlus Technology – A VAR with a growing professional and managed services practices which in 2009 won the prestigious VMware Solution Partner of the Year Award;
- Integrated Data Storage – IDS specializes in enterprise data center storage and virtualization solutions;
- Contour Data Solutions – A provider for strategic IT solutions and data management, specializing in storage solutions and with a growing virtualization practice to complement its storage practice;
- Ntersect Networks – Ntersect specializes in Citrix XenDesktop and VDI infrastructure, and its engineers have completed some of the largest XenDesktop deployments in the country on both Citrix XenServer and VMware Hypervisors;
- The Consulting Practice – A professional services organization that provides clients across North America with efficiency- and security-focused solutions;
- Computacenter – U.K.-based Computacenter is the newest program partner in EMEA. It plans to integrate VMTurbo into its virtualization solution stack, as well as in its developing cloud solutions practice.
And that’s all for this week’s roundup. Mosey on back next week.