MSPmentor 250: Page 1 of Our 2011 Edition
Each year, the MSPmentor 250 identifies the world’s top managed services experts, entrepreneurs and executives — including professionals who have mastered business leadership, marketing, sales, technology, coaching and other areas within the managed services market. For our 2011 edition, here’s page 1 of 10…
Mona Abutaleb, President & COO, mindSHIFT Technologies Inc.
Abutaleb helped to build mindSHIFT into one North America’s top MSPs; the company manages 25,000 desktops, 13,000+ servers and network devices, and 6.8 billion emails per year.
- Web: http://www.mindshift.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mindSHIFT_Tech
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mona-abutaleb/1/81b/653
Matt Adkins, President, Vanguard Technologies
Adkins is well-known within the Level Platforms community as an executive who shares scripts and best practices. He’s a key member of the Level Platforms Partner Council.
- Web: http://vanguardtech.net
- Blog: http://www.vanguardtech.net/blog/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/vanguardtoledo
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-adkins/15/aab/924
Vikas Aggarwal, CEO, Zyrion
Aggarwal has positioned Zyrion in the managed services mid-market — targeting larger MSPs that need network performance monitoring software. The company has a particularly close follwing within the government vertical. Previously, Aggarwal held management positions at NetScout, Network General, Fidelia and Verio.
- Web: http://www.zyrion.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/zyrion
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/avikas
Luis Alvarez, President & CEO, Alvarez Technology Group Inc.
Alvarez launched his managed services business in 2001. Fast forward to the present and his company has more than 60 SMB cystomers under management from a dedicated network operations center that services primarily Northern California.
- Web: http://www.alvareztg.com
- Blog: http://www.alvareztg.com/thebuzz.asp
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/luismalvarez
Chris Amori, Co-owner, Virtual Administrator
Amori has built one of North America’s leading Master MSPs — offering VARs and aspiring MSPs an on-ramp to recurring revenues. While many Master MSPs have come and gone, Virtual Administrator has built multiple relationships to assist MSPs wth remote monitoring, email security, help desk and cloud storage services.
- Web: http://www.virtualadministrator.com
- Blog: http://www.virtualadministrator.com/blog.html
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/msponramp
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/camori
- FastChat Video: Dating back to 2009, below are some early thoughts from Amori regarding Virtual Administrator:
Jennifer Anaya, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, NetEnrich Inc.
Anaya joined NetEnrich in March 2011, helping to push the company beyond NOC (network operation center) services, and promoting closet-to-cloud managed services. Anaya previously consulted with Autotask and also led successful communication campaigns at Ingram Micro.
- Web: http://www.netenrich.com
- Blog: http://blog.netenrich.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/search/netenrich
Scott Anderson, CEO, CORE Business Services
Anderson has led CORE Business Services to sustained growth highlighted by a two-year increase in recurring monthly revenue by over 600% and over 1,000% for cloud related services. Moreover, Anderson has built a service team that achieved a customer satisfaction rating of 95.92% for the past 12 months.
- Web: http://www.corebusinessinc.com/
- Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/corebusinessinc
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/corebusiness
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-anderson/a/371/97a
Rob Anderson, Director & Founder, Winning New Clients
Anderson has trained more than 100 MSP across five cities in Australia/New Zealand. More recently, Anderson launched a coaching and mentoring e-learning facility for global initiatives.
Chris Andreozzi, President, KnowledgeCentrix
Andreozzi built KnowledgeCentrix into one of the fastest-growing privately held companies in America, according to the annual Inc. 5000 report. Based in Southern California, KnowledgeCentrix positions itself as a full-service information systems consulting firm.
Erin Arnold, President, NextStep Networking
Arnold has build NexStep into a well-rounded managed services provider. In addition to partnering closely with Level Platfroms, Arnold has built NextStep relationships with Storage Guardian and Vmware.
Rick Bahl, President, Quality Systems Solutions Inc.
Bahl has been a three-time member of the Microsoft SBSC Advisory Board and served as the Central Region PAL. His company blends partnerships with traditional IT hardware companies as well as managed services software companies.
- Web: http://www.qualitysystemssolutions.com
- Blog: http://www.qualitysystemssolutions.com/blog
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/qssinc
Carey Balzer, President, White Glove Technologies
Through six acquisitions and a significant investment in sales & marketing, White Glove has grown to become one of the top MSPs in North America. Balzer, White Glove’s founder, has helped the company to push into 16 markets across the US while also digging deeper into the legal vertical.
Scott Barlow, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Reflexion Networks Inc.
In 2010, Barlow’s sales and support teams led Reflexion to 60% growth in total revenue and 125% growth in adoption of the company’s hosted archiving and encryption services, while recruiting an average of one new solution provider every day of the year.
- Web: http://www.reflexion.net
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/reflexionrtc
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/scottjbarlow
- FastChat Video: Barlow spoke with The VAR Guy way back in August 2009 about the Reflexion market strategy:
Bennet Bayer, Mobility & Collaboration Practice Leader, AVNET
Bayer is helping MSPs connect the dots between mobile services and recurring revenues. He has previosly built RoamAbout, and also led the mobile business at Unisys.
- Web: http://home.avnet.com/ts/amer/SolSales/Pages/MobilityPath.aspx
- Blog: http://bjbayer.blogspot.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/bjbayer
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjbayer
Tim Beard, President, Networthy Systems
Under Beard’s leadership, Networthy Systems has doubled its client base, merged with another MSP, and opened a second office. Beard also sits on the Advisory Council of Connectwise, and he is the lead facilitator at the Connectwise South Central User Group every quarter. He previously hosted the daily radio show “Geek Free Radio,” which focused on helping companies get the most out of their IT investment.
Derik Belair, VP of Marketing & Business Development, N-able Technologies
Belair has helped to successfully position N-able in the managed services software market, helping MSPs to successfully engage SMB customers. Belair manages N-able’s distribution and OEM programs.
- Web: http://www.n-able.com
- Blog: http://blogs.n-able.com/home/default.aspx
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/nablemsp
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/derik-belair/5/417/370
Teresa Bell, President, Citrus Networking Solutions Group
Bell has successfully positioned Citrus as one of Florida’s most successful MSPs serving the legal vertical. Citrus also claims to be the largest networking service provider serving Citrus County, Fla.
- Web: http://www.citrusnsg.com
- Blog: http://blogspot.com/cnsgfl
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/cnsgfl
Chip Bell, President, SkyNet Managed Technology Services
Bell built SkyNet Managed Technology Services from a one person help desk in 2001 into an multi-lateral IT consultancy that provides solutions and support to dozens of companies across the United States.
Arnie Bellini, CEO, ConnectWise
Bellini first built ConnectWise into a top IT solutions provider serving Tampa, Fla. By 1998, Bellini pushed ConnectWise beyond IT solutions and launched work on a business management software platform for VARs and MSPs. Positioned as a business operating system, ConnectWise’s software is now used by 4,000 IT services companies worldwide. The next major ConnectWise evolutiion started in 2010, when ConnectWise Capital incrementally invested in LabTech Software, CharTec and most recently Quosal. Bellini has also evangelized IT Nation — his term for solutions providers that successfully serve SMB customers. He co-founded ConnectWise in 1982 with brother David Bellini.
- Web: http://www.connectwise.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ConnectWise
- FastChat Video: Bellini spoke with MSPmentor about his views on vendor management and help desk in November 2010.
David Bellini, President & COO, ConnectWise
Bellini oversees the ConnectWise Capital investment fund and he also oversees ConnectWise’s operational activities. His focus in recent months has included partner support, consulting and community initiatives. He co-founded ConnectWise in 1982 with brother Arnie Bellini.
Steve Bender, President, inhouseIT
Bender built inhouseIT into one of Southern California’s best-known MSPs. More recently, he’s proved that MSPs can push into multiple markets. inhouseIT’s sister company, Spam Soap, is one of the top SaaS email security providers partnering up with McAfee.
Renee Bergeron, VP of Managed Services & Cloud Computing, Ingram Micro
Bergeron joined Ingram Micro in September 2010 and hit the ground running, helping Ingram to push beyond managed services into cloud services. By early 2011, she positioned Ingram Micro as the leading distributor offering cloud aggregation services. By mid-2011, Bergeron described a next-step strategy to help VARs and MSPs source cloud applications directly from Ingram.
- Web: http://www.ingrammicrocloud.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/IMCloudServices
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/renee-bergeron/6/916/a91
- FastChat Video: Bergeron shared some early views regarding Ingram Micro Cloud in November 2010:
Keith Bird, Services Manager, ACS Office Solutions
Bird has grown on-going Managed Services Recurring revenue to over £1.5 million annually, and the IT division sells over £15m worth of IT products every year. The Managed Service division was started from scatch in 2008 and now employees over 35 people.
- Web: http://www.acs365.co.uk
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/keithbird73
- LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/keithbird
Gerald Blackie, Chairman & CEO, Kaseya International Inc.
Blackie has grown Kaseya into a $100-million+ software company, pushing beyond on-premise to offer a range of SaaS solutions for IT service providers. Blackie has also pushed Kaseya into the enterprise software market, positioning the company as an IT automation specialist that competes against legacy systems management tools.
- Web: http://www.kaseya.com
- Blog: http://blog.kaseya.com/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/#!/kaseyacorp
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/geraldblackie
This is the end of page 1 of 10. You can…