Brocade Channel Partners Set for SDN/Virtualization Takeoff
Networking equipment supplier Brocade’s (BRCD) channel partners are anticipating a burst of activity for software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) among their data center customers in the next 12 to 24 months, according to a survey the vendor recently conducted of its solution providers.
The study, which included 574 executives, sales and technical personnel at Brocade’s distributors and resellers in the Americas, EMEA, Japan and Asia Pacific, suggests opportunities abound for the channel to strategically advise global enterprises and organizations on software networking, virtualization and the cloud.
Channel partners participating in the survey identified managing network complexity and meeting data center bandwidth and availability requirements as among their biggest challenges not only in 2014 but also going forward, Brocade said.
In estimating that most of their customers’ data centers will be at least halfway virtualized within the next year, the partners credited Brocade’s guidance with playing a significant role in that transition. According to the data, some 67 percent of channel partners’ customers are most interested in virtualization, followed by BYOD at 49 percent and SDN/NFV at 34 percent.
“In 2015, our focus is on equipping Brocade partners to lead the transformation in networking to the New IP, delivering exceptional customer experiences that leverage software networking while optimizing customers’ existing networks,” said Bill Lipsin, Brocade Global Channel Sales and Marketing vice president.
“In the coming year, we’re investing in providing the building blocks for cloud offerings so that partners can deliver networking solutions covering both cloud and on-premise solutions,” Lipsin said.
Earlier this year, Brocade began actively pushing its SDN strategy through channel partners in its Alliance Partner Network channel program.
Here are some of the study’s top level findings:
- Technology differentiation is the most important factor when selecting a vendor, followed by market-proven solutions and vision/strategy
- 47 percent of the study’s participants said managing complexity is a top challenge
- 41 percent said provisioning data center bandwidth and availability is a top challenge
- 61 said Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) will be a significant trend for all resellers within 24 months
- 80 percent said that their customers are deploying or will be evaluating SDN/NFV within the next 12 months
- 67 percent estimate that their customers’ data centers will be more than halfway virtualized within 12 months