Top Cloud Outages: The Cloud Outage and Cloud Failure List
Are cloud computing outages common? Why do cloud services fail? Talkin’ Cloud publishes the following list to help cloud services providers (CSPs), managed services providers and VARs track cloud failures, root causes and corrective measures.
Note: If you’re aware of an outage submit details to Editorial Director Joe Panettieri, joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc [dot] com.
August 17, 2011:
- Service: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Estimated Duration: 5 hours, 30 minutes
- Talkin’ Cloud Coverage
- Known Details: Microsoft stated: “At approximately 11:30am PDT, Microsoft became aware of a networking issue affecting customers of some Microsoft services hosted out of one of our North American data centers. We worked to isolate the issue and we are beginning to see service restoration. We continue to investigate the root cause of this issue.” A spokeswoman at 5:01pm PDT said service had been restored.
Dec. 30, 2011 through Jan. 2, 2011:
- Service: Microsoft Windows Live Hotmail
- Estimated Duration: Four days
- Known Details: Roughly 17,000 Hotmail users had their e-mail inboxes temporarily deleted.