MSPmentor 250: Page 7 of Our 2011 Edition
Each year, the MSPmentor 250 identifies the world’s top managed services experts, entrepreneurs and executives — including professionals who have mastered business leadership, marketing, sales, technology, coaching and other areas within the managed services market. For our 2011 edition, here’s page 7 of 10…
Kent McNall, CEO, Quosal
McNall built one of the MSP industry’s best-known quoting tools, which is available both on-premise and in the cloud. The effort included deploying Quosal in the Windows Azure cloud. More recently, Quosal has attracted investment dollars from ConnectWise Capital.
- Web: http://www.quosal.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QuosalLLC
- FastChat Video: In this FastChat, McNall explains how Quosal is marching forward after the ConnectWise Capital investment.
Jim Melvin, President & CEO, AppNeta
Melvin is connecting the dots between network performance management and cloud computing. AppNeta promotes its platform to MSPs and VARs.
Giovanni Mezgec, General Manager, Office Division Marketing, Microsoft Corp.
Mezgec is a key player within Microsoft’s Office 365 push. The cloud suite launched June 28, succeeded Microsoft’s BPOS (Business Productivity Online Suite). Office 365 seems ideally positioned for small businesses that want cloud applications. But will channel partners jump on the bandwagon? Mezgec is a key executive influencing that answer.
Brian Miller, COO, United Technology Group LLC
Miller co-founded one of the fastest-growing MSPs in the Southeast. United Technology Group (UTG) has grown monthly recurring revenues almost 50-fold since the company started in 2004. UTG is also expanding geographically from Atlanta, Ga., with the successful launch or a regional office in Augusta, Ga.
- Web: http://www.utgsolutions.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/BrianMillerUTG
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bmillerutg
Michael Minnich, CEO, NetGain Information Systems
Minnich was recently selected for Ingram Micro’s elite group of VTN Partners to deliver presentations on behalf of Ingram Micro, as well as recently being invited to join Level Platforms exclusive Partner Council to help guide the success of Level Platforms MSPs and Partners. NetGain is a well-established and full-fledged MSP, offering a range of custom and managed services for small and midsized businesses.
David Minns, Client Services Director, StorageGuardian
Minns has been helping StorageGuardian to promote a rather aggressive strategy: unlimited online backup for mobile, small business and home office customers.
Justin Moore, CEO, Axcient Inc.
Moore is a successful multi-time entrepreneur. He has positioned Axcient as a leading provider of backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery services to MSPs, VARs, and their SMB clients. Axcient has experienced double-digit quarter-over-quarter growth for the last two years and is now protecting more than 500TB of critical customer data. Axcient has also built a successful channel partnership with HP.
- Web: http://www.axcient.com
- Blog: http://blogs.axcient.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/justinrmoore
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/justinrinfretmoore
- FastChat Video: Moore describes his business strategy in this March 2011 Talkin’ Cloud FastChat Video.
Bryn Morgan, Commercial Manager, Virtual IT
Morgan has helped Virtual IT to attract and manage 4000+ end users as customers. He frequently provides insight and guidance to such organizations as Microsoft and Intel.
- Web: http://www.virtualit.biz
- Blog: http://www.brynovation.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/brynmorgan
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brynmorgan
Ryan Morris, Principal Consultant, Morris Management Partners
Morris is a channel consultant and analyst who has helped IT service providers and vendors with strategic business planning. Before launching Morris Management Partners, Morris was a key leader at IPED (Institute for Partner Education and Development).
- Web: http://morrismp.com
Rob Moyer, VP, Cloud Computing, Synnex
Moyer is busy leading CloudSolv, the distributor’s cloud strategy. So far the effort includes hosted unified communications but additional cloud applications are expected to debut incrementally.
Ian Moyse, Channel Director, EMEA, Webroot
Moyse has spent seven years evangalizing the cloud and managed services to the channel. He’s also an expert on Internet security opportunities for the channel.
- Web: http://www.webroot.co.uk
- Blog: http://blog.webroot.com/about/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/imoyse
- LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/ianmoyse
David Mulvey, President, Advanced Network Products Inc.
Mulvey has grown ANP to be one of the leading regional MSPs located in Pennsylvania. He’s also a close Cisco partner.
- Web: http://www.anp.net
- Blog: http://www.anp.net/blog
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/advanced-network-products-inc.
Rick Murphy, Managing Partner, Cogent Growth Partners
Murphy has been instrumental in helping MSPs achieve their growth strategies through strategic acquisition. In 2011, Murphy has helped his MSP clients grow by 50% or more, closing a number of acquisitions throughout the U.S.
Matt Nachtrab, CEO, LabTech Software
Nachtrab has positioned LabTech to attract roughly 120 new MSPs per month to the company’s software platform. LabTech is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) software developer that attracted ConnectWise Capital investment money in 2010.
Scott Niesen, VP of Marketing, InFocus
Neisen is one of the key players promoting Mondopad, a large touch-screen display for executive boardrooms. Neisen has positioned the Mondopad for MSPs that want to generate recurring revenues from managed endpoints, video conferencing and whiteboard applications.
Jeffrey Nelson, CEO Anexio Inc.
Nelson has been instrumental in Anexio achieving double-digit growth each of the past five years. The company is one of Florida’s top MSPs.
Pat O’Day, CTO, Bluelock
O’Day helped design the strategy, product and service offerings that enabled Bluelock’s cloud offering to grow 2650% over three years, supporting national and global customers across 11 time zones. He’s a member of the VMware Customer Council.
- Web: http://www.bluelock.com
- Blog: http://blog.bluelock.com
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/pat-o-day/12/a47/b92
Chris O’Malley, CEO, Nimsoft — a CA Technologies Business
O’Malley succeeded Gary Read in 2011 as CEO of CA’s Nimsoft business, which focuses on remote monitoring, management and service desk software for mid-market MSPs and mid-market enterprises. Nimsoft has grown roughly 80 percent since CA acquired the company in early 2010.
- Web: http://www.nimsoft.com
- Blog: http://blog.nimsoft.com/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christopher-o-malley/13/523/291
Natan Ovadia, Senior Partner MGMT Specialist, Managed Services (MSP) Division, Quest Software (PacketTrap)
Ovadia trains MSPs on how to build, price and sell managed services. He specializes on go to market strategies and MSP specific business consulting.
- Web: http://www.packettrap.com/pt/index.html
- Blog: http://communities.quest.com/community/packettrap/ptmsp?view=blog
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/packettrap
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/natan-ovadia/a/252/676
Karl Palachuk, Owner, KP Enterprises
Palachuk delivered the SMB cloud quote heard ’round the world, predicting that most small businesses have already purchased their final server amid the cloud’s growth. A well-known author and industry pundit, Palachuk has also helped to educate the channel about Intel’s hybrid cloud strategy.
Walter Palhetas, Senior VP, Americas Nexsan Corp.
Palhetas leads North American channel efforts for Nexsan, which include MSP development and deployment of the company’s Assureon Secure Online Archive for cloud-based archiving and disaster recovery. Palhetas has helped the company to generate 50 percent growth in leads provided to the channel quarter-over-quarter.
- Web: http://www.nexsan.com
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nexsan
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/nexsan-technologies
Bob Penland, CTO, TruMethods
Penland delivers education and coaching to small and midsize IT companies, enabling them to package, price and sell a complete IT solution. He’s one of the key executives who has built TruMethods into a leading coaching organization to MSPs and VARs.
- Web: http://www.trumethods.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/bpenland
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bpenland
Drew Phelps, VP of Managed Services, NWN Corp.
Phelps has played an intergral part in transforming NWN’s regional managed services model to a national model, delivering managed services offerings to customers and career growth opportunities to staff members.
- Web: http://www.nwnit.com
Gary Pica, President, TruMethods
As the leader of TruMethods, Pica coaches MSPs to monthly recurring revenue (MRR) success. The organization’s top 25 member companies have generated an average of $40,000 in new MRR. The top 10 have generated more than $50,000 in new MRR. And the top 3 have averaged more than $75,000 in new MRR, according to TruMethods data.
- Web: http://www.trumethods.com
- Blog: http://www.trumethods.com/blog/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/garypica
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=19515922&authType=name&authToken=LSOU&trk=tyah
Kent Plunkett, CEO, Intronis
Plunkett arrived in 2010, succeeding Intronis founder Sam Gutmann. More recently, Intronis has rebranded from an online backup and recovery to cloud backup and recovery — a subtle change, but an important one. Intronis also has a strong track record working with MSPs.
- Web: http://www.intronis.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/intronisinc
- FastChat Video: Plunkett described his vision for Intronis in this November 2010 video.
This is the end of page 7 of 10. You can…