Mobile Device Management (MDM) InfoCenter
Mobile device management (MDM) and mobile applications management (MAM) typically involve Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad), Google Android, Windows and/or RIM BlackBerry devices. For MSPs, the idea is to source, activate, manage and secure all mobile devices and their associated applications/data.
Our MDM and MAM InfoCenter helps MSPs to understand key trends, news and opportunities in this market. We also cover BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trends here.
Mobile Device Management: Five Requirements
Gartner, the research firm, says MDM software and cloud platforms typically offer:
- Software Distribution — The ability to manage and support mobile application including deploy, install, update, delete or block.
- Policy Management — Development, control and operations of enterprise mobile policy.
- Inventory Management — Beyond basic inventory management, this includes provisioning and support.
- Security Management — The enforcement of standard device security, authentication and encryption.
- Service Management — Rating of telecom services.
Daily MDM Breaking News & Analysis
For the latest daily MDM news on MSPmentor, check here.
MDM Perspectives and Analysis
A sampling of content:
- What Is Mobile Device Management? Are All Solutions Alike: A general MDM overview for MSPs.
- Do Mobile Device Management Vendors Understand MSPs?:Many mobile device management (MDM) software cloud companies (including some featured in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant research) don’t understand managed services provider (MSP) business models and MSP customer engagements. As a result, those MDM are overlooking a massive opportunity to potentially work with MSPs in the small business market.
- Centerbean Launches Mobile Device Management Service: The cloud-based solution assists in managing iPhones, iPads and Android-based smartphones and tablets, as well as laptops, PCs, servers and other endpoints, from a single platform.
- Novell Extends Management, Security to Mobile Devices: Novell is extending its existing management and security capabilities to mobile devices with the release of ZENworks Mobile Management (ZMM).
- Mobile Device Management for Colleges: SOTI MobiControl: Nottingham Trent University — located in Nottingham, United Kingdom — has recently selected MobiControl, a SOTI Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, to manage and support the university’s Samsung Android devices.
- BYOD May Increase, Rather Than Reduce, Technology Costs: Two-thirds — 67 percent — of BYOD companies report their costs hadn’t changed since going BYOD, according to a new report by Xigo, a telecommunications expense management (TEM) company owned by Dimension Data.
Questions or updates?: Email Editorial Director Joe Panettieri, joe [at] NineLIvesMediaInc [dot] com.