Boston HostingCon 2012 Cloud News and Information
Welcome to The VAR Guy’s Boston HostingCon 2012 InfoCenter. Here, you’ll find the latest news, information and analysis from HostingCon, where hosting providers, cloud services providers and VARs discuss channel partner programs, cloud profit strategies, white label cloud services and plenty more.
Boston HostingCon 2012 News From The VAR Guy
Complete day-to-day coverage from our anonymous blogger. Take a look and you’ll get a feel for how VARs are ramping up their cloud services revenues — either as cloud builders, cloud resellers (white label services) or cloud integrators.
- HostingCon – Microsoft Office 15 Meets Cloud Services, VDI: As Microsoft prepares to launch Office 15, cloud services providers (CSPs) and hosting providers must gear up for the new suite.
- HostingCon – Cloud Storage, Backup Partner Strategies: A look at cloud storage white label services and full-blown storage platforms from Asigra, Intronis, Nirvanix and Vembu.
Boston HostingCon 2012 News From Talkin’ Cloud
Talkin’ Cloud is the first blog and online community focused completely on cloud services providers (CSP) news and information, and its impact on channel partners. In addition to the content below, check out our annual Talkin’ Cloud 100, tracking the world’s top 100 cloud services providers.
- HostingCon – Dell Cloud, PowerEdge C Servers Take Spotlight: Dell will surface at Boston HostingCon 2012. The PC giant wants to promote Dell Cloud to end customers. Dell also wants to promote its PowerEdge C servers to hosting providers and cloud services providers (CSPs). Can Dell do both?
- HostingCon: MSPs Meet Cloud Storage Services: OnApp, Symantec, Parallels and SoftLayer will attempt to grab the spotlight at the conference. And watch for some surprises from Nirvanix, a fast-growing cloud storage provider that’s seeking to more closely engage MSPs as channel partners.
Boston HostingCon 2012: Getting Prepared
The conference runs July 16-18. But we’ve already got some preview content in place to help you prepare.
- Video and Blog: : OpenStack: An Open Source Cloud for VARs, MSPs?: Rewind to 2010. Rackspace was just beginning to describe OpenStack’s value as a cloud platform to VARs and MSPs. Take a look at the video, then investigate OpenStack’s progress during your conversations at HostingCon.
- Blog: SoftLayer to Microsoft Partners: Develop Sites Via WebMatrix: SoftLayer, the cloud and managed hosting provider, for more than a year has been telling partners to focus on WebMatrix for creating and publishing websites. We’ll pursue an update from SoftLayer CEO Lance Crosby.
- Blog: SoftLayer CEO: VARs Must Prepare for White Label Services: Rewind to Parallels Summit 2011, where SoftLayer CEO Lance Crosby called on VARs and channel partners to embrace growing opportunities around turnkey, white label cloud services. Here again, we’ll get an update from Crosby.
- Blog: Cloud Strategies: Rackspace Partner Leadership Council: How are cloud services providers working with VARs and resellers? Rackspace provided some clues in June 2012. But we’ll get updated perspectives at Boston HostingCon 2012.