7 BDR Spring-Cleaning Tips and Tricks for MSPs
Are you ready for some serious Spring Cleaning? Managed services providers (MSPs) may use this time to leverage some backup and disaster recovery (BDR) spring-cleaning, reviewing planning, solutions, practices, and procedures. On the other hand, many of us in the Northeast of the U.S. are still waiting to feel the full effects of the season. The temperature is still a bit chilly, and I’m still waiting to bring out my boat shoes — maybe this weekend. How should MSPs use this season change to effectively and efficiently provide a top notch BDR offering? We’ll reveal the answers from an industry expert in this MSPmentor exclusive.
BDR spring-cleaning may seem a little overwhelming at first, but Clark Integrated Technologies Sales Director Austen Clark has provided us with the following tips from his BDR spring-cleaning checklist:
- review the objectives of your BDR solution — Take a look at your objectives for your BDR solution. Why was your solution introduced, and is it still meeting your initial expectations? Find out if mission critical applications can still be labeled critical;
- check what is being backed up — Be sure that you are backing up the right data. “Better safe than sorry, if something has been missed out. You can add it back in,” he said. Review recent changes;
- cleanup and remove — “Like any good spring cleaning – there will be data you want to keep and data you don’t,” Clark said. Delete or archive old data;
- review log files — Read your log files. Review who receives log files, and make note of any staff changes — both with the partner and client;
- test your procedures for recovery — What changes need to be made to your procedures for recovery? Record changes, and inform and train those who are responsible. Keep your disaster recovery (DR) plan up-to-date;
- review client initiatives — Arrange a meeting with your client to find out any potential issues. Do not let complacency settle in; and
- analyze the marketplace — Review solutions. Which BDR solutions are available in the market? What makes each solution different? Which solution matches your customer base?
Should MSPs take BDR spring-cleaning into consideration? If so, how should they go about it? Do you have a plan?