Paragon Software Group (PSG), a disaster recovery and data protection software developer, announced its recent release of Hard Disk Manager (HDM) 12 Server, Virtual and Professionals Editions. What exactly does the recent suite include? Image-based drive backup, disaster recovery, partition management, migration, storage media optimization and disk wiping software are all features included in PSG's latest software bundle.
PSG focuses mostly on two dynamic growth markets: data storage and mobile productivity. Not only does Paragon Software have offices in the USA, but it also in Germany, Japan, Poland and Russia. The company's main product line for the data storage market seeks to address the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. To fulfill its second market, PSG focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices.
With PSG's latest update, IT administrators can restore a critical system within two to three minutes by using a virtual machine. The ability to connect directly to virtual disks will enable administrators to manage any virtual disk on the network.
New features include:
- Instant recovery capability through virtualization
- Seamless restore to dissimilar hardware with 3rd generation of Adaptive Restore(TM) technology
- Incremental and differential backups
- Updated wizards for easy scheduling and set-and-forget operation
- Scripting engine to accommodate unique backup strategies
- Central, remote management available
- New partitioning engine -- fastest to date
- Resize, move, split/merge, delete/undelete partitions
- Partition alignment during restore
- HFSNTFS conversion without data loss
- UEFI support
- GPT support and conversion to MBR
- Flexible file system support
- Highly secure disk wiping technology
- VirtualBox 4 support
- Windows 8, Server 2008 R2 support
- Customizable WinPE and DOS/Linux recovery media