Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) has joined the race to provide mobile device management (MDM) solutions to help companies get control over the many different devices coming onto the network, from iPad to iPhone to MacOS to Android. Juniper's MDM solution comes as part of the networking vendor's Simply Connected portfolio. The solution, available today, offers automated unified policy enforcement for security and access standards.
Juniper's new solution will provide this security and management across every wired, wireless and mobile connection from company-issued, personal and guest devices, the company said, reducing the burden on IT managers struggling with bring-your-own-device (BYOD) administration and security. Juniper said that means giving IT pros granular control over user access to enterprise networks based on who they are, where they are, what applications they are using, and from what device.
Here's a closer look at the technology, straight from Juniper. The new products and features in the Simply Connected Portfolio include:
- Juniper Networks SRX550 Services Gateway: combines security, routing and switching in a single, consolidated and high-performance form for medium to large branch deployments.
- SRX110 Services Gateway: a consolidated, cost-effective networking and security platform for enterprise and commercial small branch environments.
- WLA322 and WLA321 Series Wireless LAN Access Points: are two new full-featured enterprise class access points at entry-level price points for low-to-medium density environments.
- Junos Pulse Access Control Service/UAC and Junos Pulse Secure Access Service/SSL VPN deliver enhanced endpoint device integrity checks, assessment and security provisioning for Mac OS, iOS and Android devices. The Junos Pulse solution coordinates policy enforcement throughout the network, enabling IT to identify, on-board, secure and manage all personal, corporate-issued and guest devices and meet organization security and access policy requirements.
- Updates to AppSecure in the latest Junos software release across the entire SRX Series product family now enable enforcement of application security and control based on the user versus device, allowing for consistent enforcement regardless of location or device not possible with other IP-based enforcement solutions.
Don't be surprised to hear a lot more about mobile device management and BYOD as networking vendors converge on Las Vegas for next week's Interop 2012. There's an entire track devoted to mobility with plenty of sessions just on BYOD. Check back with MSPmentor for the scoop.