PacketTrap, which makes the PacketTrap MSP platform, is preparing to launch a major brand extension called PacketTrap PSA, which will compete with Autotask, ConnectWise, Tigerpaw Software and other promoters of professional services automation software.
PacketTrap PSA will be based on BlueFolder, a cloud-based IT service management platform. Quest Software, PacketTrap's parent, announced the BlueFolder buyout today. Now, PacketTrap MSP is preparing to relaunch BlueFolder as PacketTrap PSA. A marketing brochure posted on PacketTrap's website states: "PacketTrap PSA Coming Soon"
The brochure about PacketTrap PSA states:
"Have you ever purchased software that was so hard to use that it ended up collecting dust on a shelf somewhere... what a waste. We believe that software should be intuitive and easy-to-use, not complicated and confusing.The brochure vows that PacketTrap PSA will offer:
Whether you are using spreadsheets and sticky notes or clunky software, PacketTrap’s integrated solution will transform your services management into an efficient—dare we say enjoyable—process.
One of the founding principles of BlueFolder was that they wanted to build software that would never be discarded for being too difficult. It’s a principal that has guided them along each stage of our development."
- Customer Services Management
- Service Request Management
- Service Billing and Invoicing
- Mobile Access
- Scheduling and Resource Allocation
- Asset Tracking
- Reports and Dashboards
- Application integration, customization and security and privacy
Intense CompetitionOn the one hand, PacketTrap will try to connect the dots between PacketTrap MSP and PacketTrap PSA. But on the other hand, PacketTrap will attempt to maintain third-party relationships with other RMM (remote monitoring and management) and PSA platform providers.
No doubt, the field of PSA software is crowded and very competitive. Among the moves worth noting:
- Autotask is a 100-percent cloud offering that's focusing on international expansion.
- ConnectWise continues to offer both on-premise and cloud options, with 80 percent of new deployments involving the cloud version, I believe. Also, the ConnectWise Capital family closely integrates ConnectWise with LabTech Software and Quosal.
- Tenrox is a small but growing provider of Cloud PSA software; the company has a loyal following among slightly larger IT service providers and IT consulting firms.
- Tigerpaw is on-premise but preparing some cloud moves.
PacketTrap will throw its hat into the PSA ring soon. It sounds like the BlueFolder re-launch as PacketTrap PSA will occur within a few weeks or a few short months at most.