Top 50 Open Source Channel Partner Programs
For those of you investigating open source solutions, check out The VAR Guy’s Open Source 50 report on our sister site. The free report identifies the top 50 open source companies building channel partner programs. Fingers crossed, we think it’s the first report of its kind. And yes, The Open Source 50 is based on real data and real research — just like the MSPmentor 100. Here are some of the highlights.
The Open Source 50 ranks vendors based on such variables as:
- Overall partner ecosystem size
- Annual partner network growth (in raw numbers)
- Annual partner network percentage growth
- Percent of revenue derived from partners
- Internal employees per channel partner
- The VAR Guy’s intense, daily coverage of open source in the IT channel
We aren’t seeking to “endorse” open source vendors. Rather, we wanted to see if their partner programs were growing — and if so, at what rate? The report contains the answers.
Methods to our Madness
In order to be considered for The Open Source 50, companies had to complete a comprehensive online survey, which The VAR Guy and Nine Lives Media Inc. conducted from October 2008 until December 18, 2008. In addition,
The VAR Guy’s team reached out to dozens of open source companies and their solutions providers to round out the report.