Seven Managed Services Blog Entries We Didn’t Write: March 5
It was another typical week at MSPmentor, filled with planes, trains and automobiles. Before I catch a flight from San Francisco to New York, here are seven managed services blog entries the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending March 5, 2010.
7. More M&A: Waypoint Solutions Group, a Charlotte, N.C.-based managed services provider, has made its second M&A move in recent weeks. The latest deal involves Network Minders Solutions LLC merging into Waypoint. The deal allows Waypoint to have “significantly expanded its South Carolina presence.” A few weeks ago, Waypoint also merged Carolina Computer Network Solutions into its business. Both companies that merged into Waypoint were profitable, EBITDA-positive 2-man shops heavier on break-fix — with “huge potential” to move clients to recurring revenue models, according to Waypoint President Dan Wilson.
6. Australia Chatter: A lengthy news report in Australia suggests that some established Kaseya partners are upset with Kaseya’s aggressive SaaS pricing. A few readers have asked me to check out the story. Before I post a complete blog with thoughts, I’ve reached out to Kaseya and additional sources for perspectives. I hope to be back later today with perspectives…
5. All the News That’s Fit for (Managed) Print?: Photizo Group has launched a portal for managed print services information. Apparently, the URL is www.MPSinsights.com but right now I think the URL is simply redirecting to Photizo’s established managed print services site.
4. SaaS Pricing Trend?: There’s some buzz about SaaS pricing models… and it comes from RightNow, a publicly held provider of CRM-oriented SaaS applications. PCworld offers up a good recap of the story.
2. Citrix Making MSP Hires: You may recall that Citrix acquired Paglo (the SaaS MSP software provider) back in January 2010, and rebranded Paglo as Citrix Online GoToManage a few days ago. Now, Citrix is making staff investments. The company is seeking a Ruby on Rails developer expertise for GoToManage‘s front-end.
1. Microsoft, the Cloud and the Channel: Building on Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer’s recent cloud statements, listen for Channel Chief Allison Watson to offer more perspectives on Microsoft’s channel cloud strategy…