LabTech Software, ASCII Group Discuss MSP Software Bundles
The ASCII Group may soon promote special LabTech Software bundles and managed services software offers to its membership, MSPmentor has heard. I believe details are still pending, but the potential ASCII-LabTech announcement could be the latest example of an MSP software company working with industry associations and organizations that work closely with VARs and MSPs.
Sources familiar with the ASCII-LabTech discussions suggest a potential relationship may eventually include:
- Longer LabTech payment options, free antivirus seats for a set period (perhaps six months) and deeper training from LabTech.
- Potential pooled LabTech licenses across the ASCII membership, delivering economies of scale (that is, potentially lower per-user licenses) to MSPs and VARs.
- Retroactive support for ASCII members that already run LabTech’s software.
To reiterate: I think ASCII and LabTech are still kicking around potential approaches and special offers.
Meanwhile, LabTech CEO Matt Nachtrab notes that his company works with a range of associations and organizations, and he confirms LabTech and ASCII are kicking around some new ideas. “Yes, we are talking to them about a bundle that fits well for the members,” said Nachtrab in an email to MSPmentor. “We have done special membership packages for a number of different groups.”
This Sounds Familiar
For the past two to three years, RMM (remote monitoring and management) and PSA (professional services automation) software companies have pursued special group engagements with associations, distributors, peer groups and VAR franchises. Some examples include:
- ASCII Group offering Kaseya’s Cloud software
- Autotask working with Computer Troubleshooters
- ConnectWise working with HTG Peer Groups
- Synnex introducing a freemium managed services software platform that includes relationships with Level Platforms, Axcient, Intronis and Reflexion.
Those are just a few of the examples we’ve spotted. If ASCII and LabTech agree to offer ASCII members a special bundle, I suspect an announcement could surface within the next few weeks.