European Managed Services: Land Grab Continues
Anecdotal evidence and our MSPmentor 100 research confirm the European managed services market is growing up fast. I’m hearing rumblings from ConnectWise, N-able and Intel (yes, Intel) about some new European efforts. And we’ve uncovered some of Europe’s top managed service providers in our latest MSPmentor 100 survey results, which we’ll unveil in February. Here are some early details on the European trends.
Yes, many MSP software providers (there are too many to list) have established a foothold in Europe. But consider some of the latest buzz I’ve heard in the past 48 hours:
- ConnectWise: I hear CEO Arnie Bellini recently returned from Europe, where he launched ConnectWise user group and solidified the company’s international strategy. I expect to speak with Bellini in the next few days about the efforts.
- N-able: Word on the street (at least on my street…) says N-able is expanding its reach into Europe and looking to expand their footprint from the UK. The company is opening an office in Utrecht, and some sort of alliance seems to be looming. Watch for N-able VP of Sales Mike Cullen to land in Europe soon as part of a six-city road show.
- Intel: Now here’s a rather interesting tidbit: Did you know Intel offers a hosted managed service in Europe called Multi-Site Director? In North America, Intel continues to evangelize vPro technology to MSPs that want easier-to-manage endpoints. But in Europe, Intel is in the SaaS game, signing up MSPs for its hosted service. I expect to learn more about Multi-Site Director in the next few days.
- Kaseya: I mentioned yesterday that mindSHIFT veteran Gary Pica will be speaking at a range of Kaseya events. The events include stops in Europe.
- Successful European MSPs: And yes, our own MSPmentor 100 survey results reveal a range of fast-growing MSPs across the European landscape. Details coming this February. But here’s a teaser: Check out the stats on Eurodata Systems PLC, which is working closely with Nimsoft.
- Other vendors: If you’re making new European moves, send me some information via email me (joe [at] ninelivesmediainc.com). We’ll be posting follow-up European coverage in the next few days.
Is the European managed services market recession-proof? Will all European MSPs succeed? Certainly not. But clearly, MSP software companies (and European resellers) see an opportunity to extend and solidify the North American managed services model across Europe.