ConnectWise 2011.3 Includes Customer Portal, PSA Enhancements
ConnectWise has released ConnectWise 2011.3 — the newest version of its professional services automation software. The new release, which includes customer portal and reporting enhancements, also signals ConnectWise’s continued focus on quarterly software updates.
In a prepared statement, ConnectWise identified four main, new features of the ConnectWise 2011.3 software platform:
- ConnectWise Customer Portal: The new user interface (UI) lets clients with multiple physical locations brand their own portal, pay invoices on the web and set privacy setting to control access to different documents and projects.
- SLA Status for Service Boards: The service board now features a column countdown clock to the deadline to meet a service level agreement (SLA). It also tells users how long a specific ticket has been open.
- More Flexibility and Options for Invoicing and Reporting: Payment data from QuickBooks can can be imported to ConnectWise, paid invoices will display a “Paid” stamp, and sales orders have pop-up status messages.
- Improvements to the ConnectWise Email Connector: It keeps an ongoing connection that posts tickets from emails faster. The company says it will make it easier for clients to meet SLAs and handle critical issues.
- Time and Ticketing: Service Codes can be used to speedup technician updates and make notations.
- Exporting of Reports in Various Formats: The new platform can format reports in Excel, PDF, XML, or CSV file formats.
As part of the announcement, ConnectWise also reinforced the fact that its software is widely used by IT service providers, VARs and independent software vendors (ISVs) — a clear effort to position ConnectWise beyond the MSP market.
ConnectWise has made noise on several fronts lately. The company recently unveiled a Help Desk Kit for ConnectWise partners. Plus, ConnectWise and LabTech Software are moving to a larger headquarters in Tampa, Fla.
The overall PSA market continues to evolve rapidly. Autotask is on a road show; Tigerpaw Software is preparing multiple moves; and players like NetSuite OpenAir and Commit CRM are making moves as well. Plus, there are some new rumblings at Projector PSA — though it’s worth noting that many of the listed companies serve slightly different audiences.
Back at ConnectWise, it’s safe to expect new developments at the company’s IT Nation conference (Nov. 9-11, Orlando, Fla.).
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.