5 BDR Tips to Help MSPs Provide Top Notch Service
If you're a managed services provider (MSP) without a backup and disaster recovery (BDR) solution, you may be losing out on potential customers, but you probably already know that. Take charge of your business by identifying a solution that best fits the needs of your customers and protects them from disasters, whether they occur from nature or man. Without proper BDR planning, an entire business can go down the drain in a moment. To prevent your customers from drowning in disasters, we're providing our top five BDR tips.
What qualities should an MSP look for in a BDR solution? How should MSPs sell BDR? We'll reveal the answers, along with additional tips.
- Look for a solution that offers all these elements: automation, speed, virtualization, offsite and monitoring — Solutions without these characteristics are simply not worth your time or the time of your customers. Any additions to these are icing on the cake.
- Sell the value of BDR, instead of the price of backup — Focus on the outcome, instead of pricing. When pitching your offering to potential customers, reveal the consequences of data loss. Show them the negative impact.
- Don't let mother nature control you — Always try to be one step ahead of mother nature. If you're reacting to mother nature, you're already too late. Be proactive and be ready for any disaster at any time.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare (and test) — When a disaster occurs, your team should know what to do. Prepare your staff and customers for potential disasters with a plan for how everything should be handled. Test backups as often as possible — at least weekly — to make sure everything works the way it should.
- Eat your own dog food — Practice what you preach. Your customers are expecting you to follow the same advice that you're pitching to them — before and after they sign on.
What tips do you have for MSPs looking to offer a BDR offering?