Seven Managed Services Blog Entries I Didn’t Have Time to Write
Admittedly, I’ve been a little distracted with the MSPmentor 250 this week. So once again my inbox is filled with a backlog of tips, rumors and news. Here are seven quick managed services headlines I didn’t have a chance to write during the week ending Sept. 11.
6. Sold Out: Roughly 900 managed services providers have signed up to attend ConnectWise Partner Summit (Nov. 4-6, Orlando).
5. It’s A Deal: eFolder acquires DoubleCheck. The deal apparently combines storage, e-mail archiving and e-mail security into a channel-only, integrated services offering, reports ChannelWeb.
4. Breaking New Ground: Watch for GroundWork Open Source to launch a community and repository for anyone seeking open source remote management tools.
3. Another Open Move: Opengear is working on something for MSPs. Expect news in a few days.
2. Let’s Partner: Intronis (specializing in secure online backup and recovery) and Virtual Administrator (the so-called “on-ramp for MSPs”) are partnering up. This is the latest evidence that Virtual Administrator has diversified beyond their original hosted Kaseya business.
1. Did You Sign the Deal? An open letter to you know who at you know where: If you’re making the acquisition please send me email this weekend (joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc.com) or as soon as the contracts are signed. I’ll be watching my inbox and ready to blog…