MSP and Cloud Services Merger: outsourceIT and GoBeyondIT
outsourceIT and GoBeyondIT are merging. outsourceIT is a large managed services provider (MSP) and an MSPmentor 100 company. GoBeyondIT is a cloud services provider (CSP) with a hosted desktop service for SMBs and large enterprises. The combined company, which will accelerate a VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) strategy, has more than $15 million in revenues and 70 employees. It’s the latest in a growing list of MSP mergers and acquisitions so far in 2012. Here’s how outsourceIT and GoBeyondIT will march forward.
According to a press release, the combined company has office locations across the mid-Atlantic and South Eastern United States — with offices as far north as Philadelphia, Pa., and as far south as Charlotte, N.C., The headquarters will remain in La Plata, Md., close to the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area with support hubs in Winston-Salem, N.C., and Baltimore, Md.
The merged company involves four key executives:
- Craig Guice, CEO of outsourceIT, will continue to serve as CEO. Guice is a familiar name in the managed services market, frequently popping up at major conferences such as IT Nation, organized by ConnectWise. Updated, Jan. 10, 5:45 p.m. ET: MSPmentor’s interview with Guice about the GoBeyondIT deal.
- Guice’s president title shifts to co-founding partner Mark Vliet (previously VP and CTO).
- Richard Crane, CEO of GoBeyondIT, becomes executive VP of corporate development
- David Webb, partner of GoBeyondIT, becomes executive VP of Enterprise and Strategic Accounts.
In a prepared statement Guice said:
“This is an exciting time at outsourceIT, we believe combining forces with GoBeyondIT will accelerate our already fast growth rate. When exploring this opportunity we quickly realized each company provided strength to the other company. For us (outsourceIT), the biggest driver was the hosted desktop solution offering they (GoBeyondIT) brought to the table. We can now bundle this service with our MY IT Department offering and deliver our clients the best in class Cloud Services Support.”
Cloud Services and Managed Services
The combined company will operate as both outsourceIT and GoBeyondIT — though MSPmentor is seeking clarification on how the branding will work. The company’s managed and cloud services include:
- Project Services
- Virtual CIO Services
- NOC (Network Operations Center) Services
- Hosted Desktops (Virtual Desktop Integration, VDI)
- Hosted Servers and Hosted Applications
- VoIP Telephone Services.
This is one of the largest MSP-related mergers and acquisitions so far in 2011, MSPmentor suspects. Most of the other deals involve small MSPs — typically, fewer than 10 employees each.
We’re checking in with Guice now for more details. Guice offers more details in this interview.