Managed Services Acquisition: White Glove Opens Wallet Again
White Glove Technologies, an MSPmentor 100 company, has acquired yet another managed services provider. The latest deal involves White Glove buying Primus Networks — which offers IT support, data center and hosting capabilities to law firms. White Glove and Primus both are located in Texas. This is the 16th managed services merger or acquisition MSPmentor has spotted so far in 2011. And it’s the latest in a growing list of acquisitions by White Glove. Here’s the update.
According to details from White Glove CEO Tommy Wald, the combined company will:
- Retain the White Glove name, employing about 90 people and managing more than 9,000 end-points across Texas.
- Maintain offices in Austin, San Antonio and Houston, with a service center set to open in Dallas.
- Extend White Glove’s on-site service capabilities to Houston and Dallas, while also enhancing a cloud delivery platform and hosted data center operations.
- Deliver deep vertical expertise to better service the legal community.
- Accelerate White Glove’s Cloud Services strategy.
On the management front:
- Trent Doucet, president and CEO of Primus, will become VP and managing director of Houston.
- White Glove’s Director of Managed Services, Eric Alvarado, will lead the service delivery efforts across former Primus clients.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
White Glove is no stranger to acquisitions: The company last year acquired RIATA Technologies; and three years ago, they acquired a company called Network Logistics, which consolidated the local MSP market and gave them more managed services momentum.
Lots of Activity
This is the 16th MSP merger or acquisition MSPmentor has spotted in 2011. Other deals have included:
- Trivalent Group acquired Innovative Software Strategies
- eCommerce Industries acquired FMAudit for managed print services expertise
- Peak Uptime acquired eMonarch
- mindSHIFT acquired ORBIT
- Carousel acquired OmniPresence
- Fraser Advanced Information Systems purchased PennLantic Corp.
- Ancero acquired Integrated Network Consulting Inc.
- Netgain acquired DLP Technologies
- Microholdings US acquired ConnectIT Networks Inc.
- Konica Minolta acquired All Covered, a national MSP that plans continued acquisitions
- Printelligent acquired DirectPointe’s managed print services business
- Fully Managed acquired HIT Business Solutions as part of a Canadian expansion plan
- mindSHIFT acquired Alpheon
- MBCSolutions merged with Britec Computer Systems.
- VODA Computer Systems Ltd. and Graycon Group Ltd. merging to serve six locations in Western Canada