Five Product Releases That Are Good for the Channel, April 11-15
Each week The VAR Guy lists new some of the new product launches we think are going to be good for channel partners.
1. Threat Stack Webhook API: Cloud security management solution provider Threat Stack debuted the launch of its new webhook API integration capabilities this week, which essentially allows customers to set up build custom workflows around Google Alert-style notifications for suspicious network activity.
Why It’s Good for the Channel: Threat Stack said that by allowing customers to create custom workloads around security alerts, the company is helping to not only discover potential threats but to quarantine them as well.
2. BitTitan OneDrive Extension for Office 365 Starter Kit: Cloud services enablement provider BitTitan launched a OneDrive extension for its Office 365 Starter Kit this week, which is expected to help Microsoft partners increase their profits on Office 365 deployments and introduce potential new revenue sources.
Why It’s Good for the Channel: By providing current and prospective partners with new ways to sell its Office 365 Starter Kit, BitTitan is making its own offering more attractive while also providing greater value to end users.
3. Palo Alto Networks PAN-OS 7.1: Cloud security solution provider Palo Alto Networks released PAN-OS 7.1 this month, which extends the breach capabilities of the platform to all major clouds, according to the announcement. New features also include certificate and two-factor authentication advancements.
Why It’s Good for the Channel: With the possibility of new malware and viruses affecting critical cloud infrastructure increasing rapidly, new features such as the ones in PAN-OS 7.1 will help partners to reassure their customers that they can protect their most important enterprise data.
4. Qumolo Core 2.0: Scale-out NAS provider Qumulo debuted Qumulo Core 2.0 alongside three additional QC series hybrid storage appliances this week, all of which are expected to help customers future-proof their data centers by adding hybrid storage capabilities. The solutions also come equipped with features like data real-time data analytics and high-density drives.
Why It’s Good for the Channel: By providing channel partners with solutions that are more versatile than traditional cloud or on-premise storage offerings, Qumulo’s portfolio additions will allow customers to have access to the best of both worlds and keep their storage options flexible.
5. Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection: Webroot and Greater Intell have teamed up to integrate Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection with Kaseya’s VSA platform. The combined offering is expected to help MSPs to offer endpoint security in a single offering.
Why It’s Good for the Channel: It’s obvious that the combination of two solutions allows for a larger overall partner ecosystem for both companies, but the integration of Kaseya and Webroot’s offerings should hopefully help to beef up joint customers’ endpoint security capabilities as well.