By now you likely know Autotask announced a new CEO earlier today. But the broader industry story doesn't end there. We expect several other executive-level moves to occur in the managed services market over the next few weeks. We're chasing the resumes and the offer letters now -- which means we've let a few potential blog entries slip through the cracks. So, here are seven managed services blogs MSPmentor didn't have a chance to write for the week ending December 17, 2010.
7. Let's Dance: Apparent Networks, a remote performance management (RPM) specialist, now integrates with Kaseya's IT systems management platforms. Specifically, Apparent Networks’ PathView Cloud service will integrate with the existing Kaseya IT Automation Framework to help monitor VoIP, video conferencing, IP storage and virtual desktop services.
6. Launching Now: ConnectWise has unveiled ConnectWise 2011. Foll0w-up from MSPmentor coming Monday. In the meantime ConnectWise says the new release includes stronger sync/integration with Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, Google Calendar, iPhone and Google Android. Also, a reporting API enhancement will allow cloud-based partners to access custom reports in a secure manner, ConnectWise says. Also, a Marketing API allows MSPs and VARs to more accurately measure their web and email campaign outcomes.
5. Double Vision: LabTech Software, the RMM vendor, is set to launch Q1 workshops in California, Texas and Georgia. Officially, the gatherings are workshops. But I wonder if they'll be similar in design to the ConnectWise User Group quarterly gatherings. (ConnectWise Capital invested in LabTech earlier this year.)
4. Truly Shameless Plug: Thanks to those who visited TalkinCloud -- MPSmentor's new sister site. Traffic on TalkinCloud during its launch week was 53 percent higher than traffic on MSPmentor during its launch week. Of course, we realize the site community will take some time to build... The seven most popular blogs on TalkinCloud this week were:
- Living In the Cloud: A JoliCloud-Chrome Experiment
- Is the Cloud Already Killing the Small Business Server Market?
- Red Hat and Eucalyptus Counter OpenStack Clouds
- Oracle Cloud Office: SaaS Productivity for Cloud Service Providers
- Distributors Still Sorting Out Cloud Channel Strategies
- IBM: Channel Partners Have 3 Cloud Opportunities
- Truth be Told: Small VARs and MSPs Already Live In the Cloud
2. Heading North (Again): I'm looking to head south to stay warm this winter. But some executives in the managed services market will be heading north. Hot MSP software opportunities in a cold climate? Perhaps. Stay tuned and don't forget to carry your Visa. We expect to share more details soon.
1. Name Dropper: MSPmentor reported last night that Level Platforms, Intronis and Reflexion are working with Synnex (a big distributor) on a managed services freemium strategy. Three readers have stepped forward to say our report missed at least one other company involved in the potential Synnex engagement. As you may have guessed... we're digging for details again ;-)
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.