I concede: MSPmentor spends plenty of time covering the RMM (remote monitoring and management) and PSA (professional services automation) software landscapes. The reason: RMM and PSA seem to be required tools of the managed services trade. But perhaps it's time to put the spotlight on an additional MSP software market segment: Quoting software like QuoteWerks and Quosal. Here's why.
Each time I hit the road, I run into VARs and MSPs that leverage either QuoteWerks or Quosal for sales quotes and business proposals. I concede: I didn't call QuoteWeks or Quosal for this blog entry because I wanted to fly a bit blind today and throw some questions around to MSPmentor's readership. I wonder:
- How many VARs and MSPs leverage quoting software like QuoteWerks, Quosal and BidMagic? Are there other options?
- Will the lines blur between QuoteWerks, Quosal and Autotask's VARStreet platform?
- Can you run an IT services business without those types of quoting tools?
- What other types of specialized software are central to running an MSP business practice? Are there software market segments that MSPmentor has overlooked? Example: Are MSPs adopting tools like Autotask TaskFire and ConnectWise StreamlineIT to knock down the wall between service providers and corporate IT departments?
- Am I suffering from attention deficit disorder with this blog post and hopping around to too many topics?
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.