Gary Pica (pictured), a veteran of mindSHIFT Technologies, is making the leap from managed service provider to industry educator. And he's not alone. As more executives successfully embrace managed services, they're finding time to launch businesses or consulting gigs that educate the MSP masses.
The latest example: Pica has launched TruMethods LLC. He plans to use his new company and a training methodology -- which he's branded as FormulaWon -- to help resellers accelerate their move to managed services.
Pica will share his personal MSP success story during an upcoming road show hosted by Kaseya. He's also confirmed to speak at an event hosted by ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini. (Stay tuned for details on that one, and stay tuned for Pica's TruMethods Website to launch soon.)
The Gurus GatherPica isn't the first managed services veteran to educate and consult with peer MSPs. A few other examples include:
- Erick Simpson (of MSP University), who is hosting an MSP sales and marketing boot camp this February.
- Mike Cooch and Josh Clifford of Everon Technology Services LLC. In addition to maintaining their MSP business, Cooch and Clifford have launched MSP Coach, a fee-based Web site that hosts educational content for MSPs.
- Amy Luby of MSP Services Network. In addition to running a Master MSP business, Luby maintains a community portal and also hosted the MSP Revolution event in the fall of 2008.
- Len DiCostanzo, a former MSP and solutions provider, joined Autotask last year as senior VP of professional services and business optimization. His mandate: Help educate Autotask customers.
- And in Australia, Mathew Dickerson-- the guy who literally wrote the book on Service Level Agreement Models--has been on the MSP speaking circuit for several years.
Back on the topic of MSP education, I'm curious to see how the market evolves this year. Will resellers keep turning out for educational events amid the recession? And which speakers will capture our collective attention? I'll be watching -- and listening -- for clues.
MSPmentor is updated multiple times daily. Don’t miss a single post. Subscribe to our Enewsletter, RSS and Twitter feeds.