It could be a sign of things to come. Heading into the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2009 (WPC09), Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC) has agreed to resell Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS). CSC's move represents an inflection point for managed service providers, many of which are trying to decide whether to host Exchange and SharePoint on their own -- or simply resell Microsoft's own hosted services.
CSC says the Microsoft BPOS reseller agreement covers:
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Office Communications Online
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting
Multiple Routes to SuccessMeanwhile, Microsoft partners like Azaleos, Intermedia and Level Platforms continue to push forward with hosted and managed services initiatives of their own.
- Azaleos has won some massive Exchange Server outsourcing deals in recent weeks.
- Intermedia claims to be the largest independent Exchange hosting provider, with more than 325,000 managed mailboxes. Now, Intermedia is beta testing Hosted Exchange 2010 with selected VARs and MSPs.
- Level Platforms has rolled out a set of tools that allow MSPs to more effectively manage BPOS applications.
We'll be sorting through more Hosted Exchange, Hosted SharePoint and BPOS strategies during the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference.
Follow MSPmentor via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Subscribe to our Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center.