Synnex National Conference 2013: Coverage Wrapup
Synnex (SNX) drew more than 1,600 attendees at its 2013 Synnex National Conference in Greenville, S.C. last week, aiming to "outsmart, outdo and outperform" its competitors in the distribution market.
The 2013 Synnex (SNX) National Conference was held last week, but so much news came out of the conference we're still wrapping things up. During the event we had the opportunity to speak about the reseller market with Synnex Global Mobility Solutions Vice President Adnon Dow and Cloud Vice President Jon Allen on their respective areas of specialty.
Below are some main points from both interviews, followed by a complete coverage guide of the 2013 Synnex National Conference.
Synnex Global Mobility Solutions Vice President Adnon Dow
- Regarding Synnex's partnership with Motorola Solutions: "We brought on Motorola, which, for us, has been the key because of the vertical focus we have and for the wireless capabilities. It was a crucial platform, and we were able to bring that on, and, actually, put it into the overall solutions that we drive into the field."
- At first, the vertical focus was around retail, education, health care and government, but partners should expect to see a shift into hospitality, manufacturing and subsectors of health care.
- Training, educating VARs is essential; traditionally, they've been IT guys.
- On Synnex educating VARs: "Right now we're fishing for them. We're teaching them how to fish, and, hopefully, they'll fish for themselves. Then we'll give them the bait, which is all the leads."
- For 2014: A heavier focus on development for the machine-to-machine (M2M) space.
Synnex Cloud Vice President Jon Allen
- Synnex developed a three-part strategy for the conference: automation, vendor and reseller.
- On the cloud computing market: There are still many questions from vendors and resellers on cloud.
- "What we've seen as a trend is that some of these resellers have anywhere between two to eight types of services, and it kind of stops there because that's where their scalability stands. We want to provide them with up to 25—could be more—types of services, so when they go to the end user, they can solve their overall pain."
- Major concerns of VARs with cloud: VARs still have pain points from transitioning from the on-premise business to the cloud. The pain is mainly around profitability.
And just in case you missed our coverage from last week …
Synnex CEO: We're Outperforming, Outdoing, Outsmarting Competition
Synnex President and CEO Kevin Murai sat down with The VAR Guy to discuss how one of the largest distributors in IT is "outperforming, outdoing and outsmarting" the rest of its competition. Is he right?
Synnex National Conference 2013: General Session Day Two
Synnex added an athletic spin to its second day of general sessions, bringing a former NFL coach to the stage.
Synnex, Motorola Solutions Partner on Wireless, Network Solutions
Murai noted the addition of wireless and network solutions from Motorola Solutions Inc. (MSI) to Synnex's MobilitySolv offering during his keynote session.
Synnex National Conference 2013: General Session Day One
Synnex welcomed more than 1,600 attendees at the first day of its conference, encouraging them to outsmart, outdo and outperform competitors—with the help of Synnex, of course.