Six Channel Blog Entries The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: Jan. 29
The VAR Guy was distracted by the usual stuff this week. Deadlines. Meetings. Vendor calls. And classic arcade games. Here are six blog entries The VAR Guy didn't have a chance to write for the week ending Jan. 29, 2010.
The VAR Guy was distracted by the usual stuff this week. Deadlines. Meetings. Vendor calls. And classic arcade games. Here are six blog entries The VAR Guy didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending Jan. 29, 2010.
7. In for the Long Haul?: CA Inc. named executive chairman William McCracken as its new CEO. The search for a new CEO started when John A. Swainson announced his retirement in September 2009. When Swainson stepped down, some folks thought it was a silent suggestion from CA’s board that the company was up for sale. Hmmm…
6. Next Slide, Please (Not): The… VAR… Guy… considered… turning… this… blog… entry… into… a… slide… show… to… keep… readers… engaged… The he realized: He doesn’t want to insult the intelligence of his readers.
5.Red Hat’s Next Acquisition?: Some folks are suggesting Red Hat plans to acquire a business intelligence company. Hmmm… The VAR Guy wonders: Will Red Hat somehow use its EnterpriseDB investment as a springboard into the BI market? Yes, EnterpriseDB has some BI expertise…
4. What’s the Agenda?: Quite a few major channel partner events are scheduled for the week of April 25. But keep a close eye on the schedules, folks. The VAR Guy will tell you why… next week.
3. Back to Brainshare: Yes, Novell’s annual Brainshare conference is back. And yes, The VAR Guy plans to attend — for the first time since Novell acquired WordPerfect in 1994.
2. Here Comes Azure: The Microsoft Windows Azure cloud officially launches Monday, February 1. Prediction: Azure will be a hit because Microsoft is going back to basics and working closely with ISVs.
1. Check the Headline: If you know The VAR Guy, you know he doesn’t play by the rules. There is no #1 on this list, because it’s a top six list.
Thanks for reading. The VAR Guy looks forward to continuing the chatter after he catches a few hours of sleep.