Marketing with Maggie: Best and Worst Practices for Marketing Your Company and Services
In this episode of Marketing with Maggie, I chat with Janet Schijns, CEO of JS Group, former C-Suite leader and 2019 Channel Influencer of the Year.
Here are Janet’s top 3 fails that channel partners are making when it comes to marketing:
- Not having a marketing plan.
- Not doing social media (or doing it incorrectly – so please stop screaming “buy from me”).
- Not making prospecting a tactic.
So how can you be successful at marketing, even on a small budget? Start with these tips and follow through over the next six months.
- Start building your social media presence and persona. That means posting, commenting and engaging with content aligned to your brand. And most importantly, follow up in person or on the phone with those new connections to prospect for business.
- Dial for dollars. Calling up businesses might seem like an old tactic, but it still holds the highest rate of return when it comes to marketing.
When it comes to helping partners succeed at marketing, Schijns believes it’s up to the vendors, distributors and partners to all work together.
Join Janet on July 10 at 1:30 p.m. ET for a webinar on Secrets of the Shark Stage: How to Become the ‘It’ Vendor.