Kaseya Connect User Conference 2013: Five Questions We’ll Ask
Kaseya Connect 2013, the company's user and partner conference, kicks off April 29 in Las Vegas. So what key questions should managed services providers (MSPs) pose? And what key topics will CEO Gerald Blackie cover? Here are five clues from MSPmentor.
1. Evolution Complete?: Kaseya shifted to a subscription-based business model in 2012, CEO Blackie confirmed to MSPmentor in March 2013. Now that we're a few months into 2013, how does the subscription-based business model potentially improve live for Kaseya, MSPs and their customers?
2. Monetizing Mobile Device Management: Kaseya was one of the first IT automation companies to introduce MDM for iOS and Android devices. Has the company seen any trends in terms of how MSPs are monetizing MDM?
3. MSP Pricing: Kaseya runs an annual pricing survey that shows how much the typical MSP charges (per month) for server and desktop management. But I wonder if the company is starting to see a shift in terms of that pricing model, especially when it comes to all-in managed services and per-user models.
4. Channel Strategy: MSPs consume Kaseya's software to manage end-customer networks. But it sounds like Kaseya is thinking more and more about how VARs can re-sell Kaseya's software into corporate IT departments. Is that a one-time sale for the VARs… or will those VARs begin to focus on co-managed IT, working side by side with corporate IT executives?
5. Integrations: Kaseya's software has attracted ISVs from familiar circles — such as security and storage. But what new types of integrations are on the way? And will they lead to new types of managed services for MSPs?
6. Bonus – Cloud vs. On-premises: For new MSP deployments, what percentage of enagements involve on-premises software vs. Kaseya's cloud-based versions? And how does cloud-based adoption vary from region to region?
MSPmentor will be hunting for answers to those questions — and more — during the Kaseya Connect 2013 conference.