Ingram Micro Taps Consumer Electronics
Distribution behemoth Ingram Micro is transforming their DBL Distributing acquisition into a formal Consumer Electronics Division. Here's a few quick things you should know.
For the uninitiated, DBL currently sells consumer electronics much like Tiger Direct and NewEgg. Ingram acquired DBL in June 2007. By turning this branch of the Ingram empire into a more fully fleshed out division, Ingram hopes to bring the following benefits to the table for Ingram Micro and DBL customers:
- An expanded line card (which includes IT and CE products)
- Single source distributing (buy it all from the same place)
- Multiple stocking locations
- Additional financing, credit resources
- And of course, enhanced service levels and logistics capabilities.
In case Ingram wasn't big enough, the new division allows for Ingram Micro to reach an "incremental base of the largest set of CE retailers in any one distributor." The new division will remain in Scottsdale, AZ – the current site of DBL