CompTIA Survey: IT Companies Feeling Optimistic
CompTIA survey results show IT companies are feeling optimistic about the second half of 2010. In the study, six in 10 IT firms expect Q3 and Q4 revenues to either significantly, or moderately exceed their Q1 and Q2 revenues. Read on for the full scoop…
CompTIA says that despite the “unsteady” economic recovery, feedback from the IT industry shows optimism and a predicted 5.4 point increase in the Business Confidence index inside six months.
CompTIA also has some interesting information regarding the reaction to the survey…
Intent to increase staffing levels jumped seven points in the latest CompTIA IT Industry Business Confidence Index, translating to 37 percent of IT firms expecting to increase hiring over the next six months.
Also, there’s 47% of IT firms in a hiring holding pattern who would actually like to add employees to expand the business, but the survey from CompTIA also shows that the remaining 53% of those firms note that they’re understaffed between 5% to 20%.
Perhaps no surprise is the report that smaller tech firms are more nervous about the economy and the prospect of business versus much larger tech companies. Tight credit and capital were mentioned as the major issues preventing growth or new customer acquisition.
You can find out more and read all the details in the full release.