Cisco Partner Velocity: 12 Secrets to Marketing Success
At this Cisco Partner Velocity conference in Paris, roughly 200 VARs and MSPs are taking notes as John Evan-Jones (pictured) — one of Europe’s top executive coaches — shares marketing tips for VARs and solutions providers large and small. Here are his top 12 secrets to marketing success. Plus, four key takeaways for your own personal development.
So, Jones’ 12 tips for marketing success:
1. Set and pursue clear specific goals
2. Create a belief system
3. Develop a time and goal strategy
4. Generate enthusiasm
5. Maintain a drive and energy system
6. Express empathy: Understand how the other person thinks
7. Role-model: Who do you want to be like?
9. Identify and pay the price of your goals: To be successful you need to take the risk
10. Master rejection and frustration
11. Focus on change management and persistence
12. Apply creative thinking
And Jones offered these four thoughts on personal growth:
1. Personal growth has no limits.
2. Success is not measured by what you’re leaving to go to; it’s about what you’re leaving behind.
3. When you let others get the credit — good things happen.
4. When you manage yourself use your head, when you manage others use your heart.
Full disclosure: Jones offered a fifth personal development tip. But frankly, The VAR Guy didn’t catch it.