10 Most Read Managed Services Stories Q4 2011
I’m nearly ready to go disappear for the New Year weekend. But I had promised MSPmentor’s readers a look at the most read managed services stories of 2011. We’ve already disclosed the 10 most read MSP news stories from Q1, Q2 and Q3 2011. Now let’s look at the most read MSP stories from Q4 2011 and the reasons managed services providers read along.
10. A Really Simple Sales Compensation Plan for MSPs: An oldie but goodie. This guest blog, written by former Nimsoft VP Phil LaForge back in November 2010, popped back onto our most read list for Q4 2011.
9. Zenith RMM Preps Cloud BDR Alternatives to Zenith Infotech: Zenith RMM, now called Continuum, worked rapidly to distance itself from former parent Zenith Infotech’s debt default and pursued additional BDR relationships. A few weeks after we broke this story, Continuum confirmed a partnership with Datto.
8. mindSHIFT Memo Explains Best Buy Deal to Customers: Within hours of Best Buy announcing plans to buy mindSHIFT, MSPmentor got a hold of this memo explaining the deal to customers.
7. Zenith Infotech CEO — We’re Financially Solvent, Stable and Strong: Following a September 2011 debt default, Zenith Infotech CEO Akash Saraf offers a statement of confidence to MSPs, partners and customers.
6. Cloud Backup and Online Storage – Has the Shakeout Arrived?: Let’s face it — there are dozens of online backup and cloud storage companies battling for mind share and market share within the MSP community. MSPmentor thinks a shakeout is developing.
5. Zenith Infotech Faces Debt Questions: Around the time that Zenith Infotech default on its debt, MSPmentor started poking around and gathering the early details.
4. MobileIron: Apple iOS 5 Meets Mobile Device Management: Potentially the biggest managed services trend heading into 2012, this blog entry described the rising need for mobile device management across Apple iPads and iPhones.
3. Zenith Infotech CEO Says Debt Issue Won’t Sink Company: In a second statement of confidence, Zenith Infotech CEO Akash Saraf once again assures customers, partners and MSPs that the company is marching forward despite a debt default. As of Dec. 30, 2011, the case continues to navigate a high court in India.
2. mindSHIFT CEO Says Best Buy Deal Accelerates Existing Strategy: Hours after Best Buy disclosed plans to buy mindSHIFT, Paul Chisholm offered his perspectives to MSPmentor.
1. Managed Services Pricing Models: Am I Just Plain Wrong?: The oldest discussion in the MSP market continues to generate strong buzz. How do MSPs actually develop their pricing models?