N-Able Releases Policy Manager for MSPs
N-Able Technologies, the remote monitoring and management (RMM) software provider, has released N-Able Policy Manager — a suite designed to help MSPs and IT departments save time spent on comparing and reporting Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
A GPO is a group of settings that define how a system will react and what it will look like for a group of users. MSPs and IT technicians spend time and money manually identifying weaknesses and/or inconsistencies in their GPOs. The N-Able Policy Manager consists of two tools to handle the entire GPO process:
- GPO Compare: It can spot security policy inconsistencies and conflicts among GPOs between two separate GPOs.
- GPO Exporter: This solution lets MSPs and IT technicians find overlapping and/or redundant settings before going in for a GPO cleanup.
The N-Able Policy Manager suite carries several other solutions:
- updated policy settings from Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008-R2;
- the ability to export individual GPO settings from one or more GPOs to other formats, including CSV, Excel and PDF;
- keyword search to find settings; and
- automated comparison and reporting.
A free trial of the N-Able Policy Manager suite is available on N-Able’s website. Pricing varies according to type of company and the number of employees you’re supporting.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.