ConnectWise, StorageCraft Integration: Here’s What MSPs Need to Know
“In addition to quickly and reliably accessing their customers’ data and systems after an IT disaster, the integration module sets the stage for reduced overhead costs for ConnectWise partners with an accurate and automated billing process,” Brandon Nordquist, StorageCraft’s vice president of product management, said in a prepared statement.
A StorageCraft spokesperson told MSPmentor that StorageCraft partners have frequently asked for a ConnectWise integration, and the new integration module is designed to help MSPs save both money and time.
StorageCraft said the new integration module enables ConnectWise business management platform users to:
- Map and analyze account usage and storage space information from the StorageCraft MSP Portal and StorageCraft Cloud Services
- Map StorageCraft MSP licenses of ShadowProtect, ShadowStream, intelligentFTP and HeadStart Restore to customer accounts
- Track StorageCraft licenses and automate billing from within ConnectWise
- Synchronize StorageCraft account data for ConnectWise contracts automatically
- Create manual and scheduled updates of billing information between the StorageCraft MSP Portal and StorageCraft Cloud Services and the ConnectWise business management platform
- Synchronize customer history for auditing changes
StorageCraft added that the new integration module allows MSPs that use ConnectWise and offer clients the StorageCraft Recover-Ability solution to automate backup and disaster recovery (BDR) services billing.
Expect more ConnectWise integrations
ConnectWise customers can expect the pace and quality of integrations with third party software vendors to increase. That’s because of the company’s renewed focus on APIs and creating a new set of RESTful APIs for the ConnectWise platform, announced at IT Nation 2014.
The Tampa, Florida-based professional services automation (PSA) platform provider also used its annual user conference to preview ConnectWise 2015.1.
CEO Arnie Bellini noted his company could leverage future integrations and innovations to extend its reach.
“At ConnectWise, we never rest on our laurels, and we don’t expect our partners to do so either,” Bellini said in a prepared statement. “We challenge all of our partners to be disruptors in their own industries, reinvent the way they do business and go forth and change the world.”