Six Channel Partner Blogs The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: March 5
How’s this for ironic: The more The VAR Guy moves around, the more weight he gains. Eating at buffets in New York, Las Vegas, San Jose and San Francisco this week didn’t help… If The VAR Guy put down his fork long enough, perhaps he would have written the following six channel partner blog entries for the week ending March 5, 2010:
7. Comdex Is Back: But it’s not in Las Vegas. This time, it’s on the Internet as a virtual event. How many geeks can you fit into a virtual booth? The VAR Guy suspects he’ll be too busy blogging to find out.
6. BrainShare Buzz: Novell’s Brainshare conference is scheduled to start March 21. The VAR Guy wonders… will Novell accept (or reject) a buyout offer from a hedge fund before the show starts? Or will a white knight appear at the event?
5. Building the Open Source Channel: Openbravo, which specializes in open source ERP and open source POS (point of sale), is seeking “a great executive” to lead the commercial operations area, which is 100% channel driven.
4. Dialing Up a New Opportunity?: Well-known Digium veteran Bill Miller has left Digium, the open source IP PBX (Asterisk) specialist. The VAR Guy is trying to track down Miller to see what he’s up to next.
3. Big Numbers: More than 2 million people have joined the SAP Community Network. The VAR Guy is touching base with SAP’s Mark Yolton for more details, and the implications for channel partners. Stay tuned.
2. Cisco’s Next Channel Move: The VAR Guy’s voicemail and email is filled with buzz about some sort of forthcoming Cisco announcement involving the channel. Hmmm…
1. Check the Headline: The VAR Guy doesn’t play by the rules. This is a top six list.