Five Questions for Dell’s Channel Chief
The VAR Guy is packing up and heading to Austin, Texas, to meet with Dell’s channel chief on March 28. During the chat with Greg Davis, VP of commercial channels, our resident blogger plans to raise numerous questions. But here are the top 5 on his mind.
1. Silverback and Everdream: How does Dell plan to go to market with these recently acquired assets? And what can managed service providers expect from Dell in the small and midsize market for the rest of 2008?
2. Lead Gen: What types of lead generation, if any, can partners expect from Dell?
3. Open Roads: What is Dell doing to support open source solutions providers — the type promoting Linux, MySQL databases, SugarCRM applications, and so forth?
4. Vista Help: Dell recently announced a program to help customers migrate to Vista, but the effort only serves organizations that are migrating 2,500 or more PCs to Vista. Can we expect a similar promotion for VARs serving small businessses?
5. Reality Check: In Dell’s estimation, how is the partner program performing so far? What has gone right? And has gone wrong?
The conversation with Davis will surely head in other directions as well. Check in over the weekend for a complete recap of The VAR Guy’s visit with Dell.