BeyondTrust Acquires GentleSecurity for Data Loss Prevention
Simultaneous to the announcement, BeyondTrust said it is expanding its PowerBroker line of security products to include PowerBroker Desktops, DLP Edition, which will include the GentleTrust technology.
BeyondTrust’s security offerings protect companies from inside-the-perimeter threats rather than what might be lurking outside the corporate network. It relies on access management to protect the network, setting policies for who can access what where and at what times. PowerBroker is geared toward Unix and Linux environments.
According to BeyondTrust, PowerBroker Desktops, DLP Edition, enables IT departments to remotely monitor user sessions and “polices sensitive data on desktops by monitoring and controlling data transfer across distributed and diverse network environments, regardless of content type.”
Features of the new offering include:
- Comprehensive control of data leak channels including devices, printing, e- mail, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSL, IM and more
- Recognition of sensitive content in more than 500 file formats
- Recognition of partial, modified and derivative sensitive content
- Encryption of sensitive data on desktops, laptops and removable drives
- Controlling access to devices
- Data access application policy
- Centralized management via Microsoft Active Directory
- Full audit of data usage, such as access, modification and transfer
- Comprehensive reporting with flexible custom reports
Between its acquisition of GentleSecurity and the Likewise AD bridge technology – not to mention its May 2011 buy of database activity monitoring solution vendor Lumigent – clearly BeyondTrust has a master plan for its future. You can be sure the company will remain high on our radar.