Asterisk World Preview: Digium Set to Dial Partners
Digium continues to build stronger partnerships in the unified communications market. The latest evidence: From Polycom to Skype, a long list of companies will evangelize Digium’s open source IP PBX during the Asterisk World conference (January 20-22, Miami Beach, Fla.). And yes, Digium will dial up channel partners during the event. Here’s the scoop.
Asterisk World is designed to appeal to three audiences:
- Corporate enterprises
- IT managers who focus on contact centers
- Resellers and solutions providers
The VAR Guy has a few hunches about Digium’s plans at the event. But our resident blogger is under a few gag orders. You can find some clues about Digium’s strategy by looking back at the Digium Astricon Fall 2009 event (Oct. 13-15, Arizona). At that conference Digium announced:
1. AsteriskExchange: A forthcoming app store of sorts, which will apparently allow partners and customers to more easily find Asterisk-compatible applications and services.
2. AsteriskForge: A central location for developers to share and track new Asterisk-related software components and projects.
3. Asterisk.org: Digium overhauled the community site with new content and new points of access to help partners, customers and developers more easily find key information about Asterisk.
Back at Astricon, Digium founder and CTO Mark Spencer shared these thoughts on AsteriskExchange, AsteriskForge and Asterisk.org:
On to Asterisk World
Fast forward to the present, and The VAR Guy hopes to hear more about Digium’s channel partner strategy — which landed near the top of 2009’s Open Source 50 report (the 2010 survey runs through March).
Down at Asterisk World watch for…
- Polycom’s Tim Yankey to talk up HD voice in the enterprise.
- Skype’s Antonio Varanda to discuss Asterisk-Skype integration
- EUS Networks’ Jeronimo Romero, a Digium channel partner, to evangelize Asterisk for mission critical financial trading floor applications.
- Digium’s Tristan Degenhardt to describe unified communications in small business (“without the B.S.”). The presentation will be part of a channel partner push.
The SwitchVox Connection
Degenhardt was one of the co-founders of SwitchVox, an Asterisk-based phone system that Digium acquired in September 2007. Now Barnum and the Digium team are promoting SwitchVox to resellers and solutions providers that…
- service small and midsize businesses (1 to 400 employees)
- service small office/home pffice markets (1 to 20 users)
Are more solutions providers signing up to support Digium’s SwitchVox? The VAR Guy plans to check in with Deganhardt for her perspectives.