Tech News: 5 Signs The VAR Guy Is A Bad Journalist, Nov. 11
The list of poor journalism practices includes...
Well, it’s time for The VAR Guy to look into the mirror and confess the following: He’s a bad journalist. Week after week, our resident blogger drops the ball and fails to follow up on some juicy rumors and technology news tips. In fact, here are five hi-tech news tips The VAR Guy failed to pursue and confirm for the week ending November 11, 2011.
The list of poor journalism practices includes…
5. Channel Chief Wanted: The VAR Guy heard Axcient, the cloud storage specialist, is looking for a channel chief to help build deeper relationships with VARs and MSPs. But The VAR Guy didn’t follow up because he’s a bad journalist. Probability of this rumor being true: 90 percent.
4. Raising Some Cash for Growth: The VAR Guy heard Reflexion, the SaaS email security provider, has turned cash flow positive and will likely raise some money within the next few months. But The VAR Guy didn’t follow up because he got tied up discussing air shows with a certain VP of sales. Probability of this rumor being true: 90 percent.
3. Partnering Up: The VAR Guy heard Avnet and Cisco are planning a potential partner gathering in January 2012. Will it have the same dates as the first-ever Juniper Global Partner Summit? The VAR Guy didn’t follow up because his cell phone rang, and the caller mentioned tip #2, described below. Probability of this rumor being true: 50 percent.
2. Eventual IPO?: The VAR Guy heard GFI Software may be planning a potential IPO or some other sort of financial move in 2012. But The VAR Guy failed to follow up on the tip because he got distracted while attending ConnectWise IT Nation‘s Off the Grid party. Probability of this rumor being true: 50 percent.
1. Seeking Core Talent: The VAR Guy heard Apple is seeking 1,000 channel partners to support iOS — Apple’s mobile operating system for iPads and iPhones. But The VAR guy didn’t follow up because Apple has yet to return a phone call from our resident blogger. Probability of this rumor being true: 75 percent.
Got a solid news tip for The VAR Guy? Send email to TheVARguy@gmail.com. Our resident blogger may follow up… assuming he isn’t distracted for no good reason.