Six Channel Partner Blogs The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: May 7
The VAR Guy has one eye on the weekend. It’s nearly time to unplug — at least for a few hours. But before our resident blogger relaxes a bit, here are six channel partner blog entries The VAR Guy didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending May 7, 2010.
7. Talent Wars: Former Compaq CEO Michael Capellas is now assisting Cisco, VMware and EMC in their war against HP. Meanwhile, HP’s ProCurve networking team apparently has hired a key executive away from Cisco.
5. Not that There’s Anything Wrong with That: Websense changed channel chiefs earlier this year and … yada, yada, yada … the security software company changed channel chiefs again a few weeks ago. A spokeswoman for the company says Websense remains committed to the channel.
3. Safety in Numbers: CMT, a Symantec channel partner, has launched a dedicated Symantec Consulting Services Practice. As part of this expansion, CMT says it is adding over 25 highly-experienced consultants and technical staff.
2. Cisco Component Shortage?: During Cisco Partner Summit last week, a few Cisco executives said the economy recovered faster than expected, a reality that triggered Cisco products and components shortages. Cisco says the situation is improving, but some partners aren’t so sure.
1. Check the Headline: The VAR Guy still doesn’t play by the rules. This is a top six blog, so you won’t find a No. 1 on this list.