Six Channel Partner Blogs The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: March 19
The VAR Guy had a bit of an attitude this week. Spam. Meetings. Bad fast food. Hmmm… the distractions, the phone calls and the heart burn never seemed to stop. Alas, here are six channel party blog entries that The VAR Guy was too busy — or too lazy — to write for the week ending March 19, 2010.
7. Judgment Day Arrives?: The VAR Guy believes Novell’s board will need to address Elliott Associates’ unsolicited takeover bid sometime in the next three days. The reason: Novell doesn’t need Elliott Associates and takeover talk to become a big distraction at the BrainShare conference, which starts March 21 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
6. This Just In: The VAR Guy heard about this little item 5 minutes ago. XnE. Inc. has quietly acquired MSP on Demand, a hardware as a service (HaaS) specialist that generated roughly (U.S.)$1 million in revenues and net income of roughly $110,000 in 2009. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. The VAR Guy will pursue some more details soon.
5. Two Moves Coming: Intronis, the online backup specialist that offers a white label SaaS storage service to VARs and MSPs, seems to be preparing two key partnerships… one with a Master MSP. The other with an email security specialist that cleans up spam. Interesting times. Perhaps some news will surface at the Autotask Community Live conference. Hmmm…
4. Save the Date: Juniper’s J-Partner Summit is set for May 24-26 at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel. Even if you’re not a Juniper partner, fake it and show up at the rather upscale location… or start an anonymous blog about the IT channel and perhaps they’ll let you in.
3. Sweet for SugarCRM: Verio, the big hosting company, says it recruited more than 650 channel partners in 2009. Many of those partners are leveraging Verio’s hosted Exchange services. But here’s an interesting twist: Verio also seems to be seeing growing demand for hosted SugarCRM — the open source alternative to Salesforce.com and other SaaS-based CRM systems.
2. Cisco, HP and The VAR Guy: Instead of playing favorites, The VAR Guy has registered to attend Cisco Partner Summit 2010 and the HP Americas Partner Conference 2010 — both of which are the same week in April 2010. It should be quite a colorful week of blog coverage…
1. Check the Headline: The VAR Guy still doesn’t play by the rules. This is a top six list. Thanks for reading, and for making The VAR Guy the channel’s most popular daily blog.