Six Channel Partner Blogs The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: June 4
The VAR Guy must be old: During a tech conference this week in Las Vegas, our resident blogger skipped the casinos and headed to a minor league baseball game. There’s nothing like watching America’s Pastime in 100 degree heat. Now that you know how The VAR Guy spends his free time, here are six channel partner blog entries our resident blogger didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending June 4, 2010.
7. Amazon’s Next Channel Move: Where is Amazon Web Services heading next in the channel? The VAR Guy got a tip that the answer will present itself in Dallas on June 7. Stay tuned.
6. Branching Out: Intermedia, which claims to be the largest hosted Exchange provider, has now launched hosted SharePoint 2010. Similar to the hosted Exchange market, Intermedia has a reseller program for hosted SharePoint. And the company continues to make additional SaaS channel moves — including a hosted Unified Communications effort with Unison.
5. HP’s SMB Push: HP announced a growing SMB strategy this week, but The VAR Guy was more intrigued with HP Advisory Council Member Romi Randhawa’s business strategy. Also, HP is making managed services moves that a lot of people have overlooked.
4. Novell Does Netbooks: Novell expects SUSE MeeGo to be pre-installed on a variety of devices from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the next twelve months, according to a company press release. Hmmm… Ubuntu had an early head start in the Linux netbook market. Will Novell give Ubuntu a run for its money?
3. Microsoft Buying AOL?: That’s the rumor from Forbes.com. Question for Steve Ballmer: Is it really wise for Microsoft to reach so far into the past in order to win future online wars? As The VAR Guy’s 10-year-old son recently stated, “Who is AOL?”
2. Split Personality: The DOW fell to under 10,000 today amid a weak jobs report. The VAR Guy was depressed for a moment … until he reflected on all the successful VARs and MSPs he spotted at this week’s Kaseya Connect User Conference. Plus, registrations for future channel conferences such as ConnectWise IT Nation are off to fast starts. Weak economy… but the strong solutions providers will survive.
1. Check the Headline: Sorry, there is no #1 on this list. Check the headline. Only six entries, as frequent readers know.
Have a great weekend and thanks for spending some time with The VAR Guy. Our resident blogger appreciates the interaction.