Six Channel Blog Entries The VAR Guy Didn’t Write: March 26
After traveling to and from Novell BrainShare, The VAR Guy is ready to unplug for the weekend (or so he claims…). But before our resident blogger heads back to his estate on Long Island’s Gold Coast, here are seven channel partner blog entries The VAR Guy didn’t write for the week ending March 26, 2010.
7. Time to Market: Cisco has launched a new web site, called Cisco Partner Marketing Central, to help certified partners with their marketing campaigns. The VAR Guy spoke with Cisco VP Luanne Tierney about the effort. Details should surface Monday, March 36.
6. Hosting A Partner Summit: Verio, the hosting provider, has scheduled its partner summit for May 3-5 in Colorado. The VAR Guy is checking for more details, especially since readers seem to be exploring the company’s hosted Exchange and hosted SugarCRM options…
5. IBM Plugs Into SUSE Linux: The VAR Guy sat down with Big Blue and Novell earlier this week to discuss their ongoing SUSE Linux partnership. Watch for IBM to develop more and more software appliances leveraging Novell’s development tools.
4. VARs Moving Faster — With Akamai: 1nService, a group of integrators with combined sales exceeding $1.5 billion, is now working with Akamai Technologies, Inc. — which specializes in Internet application acceleration.
3. Healthcare and the IT Channel: Say what you want about the U.S. health care overhaul, but the folks over at CompTIA continue to get their social media house in order — this time with an intriguing look at health care and IT.
1. Check the Headline: The VAR Guy still refuses to play by the rules. This is a top six blog. Back next week — or sooner — with more perspectives.