HPE Announces New Intelligent Innovations at the Edge
HPE DISCOVER — Acknowledging that HPE introduced more innovation at this year’s Discover event than any other, the vendor on Tuesday announced new IoT and edge products and programs that reflect the company’s Intelligent Edge strategy.
HPE introduced enhancements to Aruba Central; integrations and new turnkey edge-to-cloud solutions, and the Intelligent Edge and IoT Center of Excellence and Labs.
“Increasingly, your business outcomes will depend on the experiences you deliver at the edge,” Antonio Neri, CEO at HPE told attendees at Tuesday’s HPE Discover keynote. “You will need the simplest connected experience that’s also secure. That’s why we’re investing in transformative technologies to deliver at the intelligent edge.”
Here’s more information on today’s announcements:
- Major enhancements to Aruba Central, the only cloud-based platform that unifies network management, AI-powered analytics, user-centric service assurance and security for wired, wireless and WAN at the edge.
- Integrations and new turnkey edge-to-cloud solutions, delivered with ABB, Microsoft and PTC, enabling real-time intelligence and control in industrial environments.
- The Intelligent Edge and IoT Center of Excellence (CoE) and Labs, part of Hewlett Packard Labs, to develop and commercialize new capabilities and technologies that accelerate customers’ and partners’ Intelligent Edge journey.
Neri called the edge the natural next step extension of the cloud experience.
“And, more enterprises are understanding how critical that intelligent edge is to their future because of the experiences being created,” he said.
HPE defines the intelligent edge as needing to be connected, distributed, secure and autonomous.
Keerti Melkote, founder and president of Aruba, talked about the edge as emerging as the new center of the digital universe.
“We’ve taken a mobile first, cloud-native and IoT-driven approach to innovation at the edge,” he said.
The heart of the company’s edge strategy is Aruba Central, a cloud-based, unified network and assurance platform with AI-powered analytics. Advancements in Aruba Central include:
- Advanced AI-powered analytics and assurance capabilities based on Aruba NetInsight and User Experience Insight to quickly resolve infrastructure problems.
- Software-defined branch (SD-branch) and SD-WAN managed on Aruba Central have improved branch management and orchestration capabilities to centrally define business-intent policies to meet operational costs.
- Aruba ClearPass Device Insight is integrated into Aruba Central to provide IoT visibility and security via a single pane of glass.
- New network management workflow enhancements accelerate device provisioning with an automated mobile app to deliver network health views and troubleshooting across locations.
Aruba solutions are available as GreenLake for Aruba.
HPE is launching four turnkey, edge-to-cloud solutions that enable real-time intelligence at the industrial edge in collaboration with industry partners.
One is the integration of ABB Ability Smart Sensor technology with Aruba access points is designed to deliver a scalable, high-performance wireless connectivity solution for operational technology (OT) equipment such as motors, mounted bearings and pumps. This allows industrial companies to capture valuable data and insights from their equipment to proactively monitor their condition and performance, and plan maintenance in advance to avoid …